Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive Questions

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Offensive Questions

Maybe I should have titled the thread "Questions about Offense"?

Anyway, I'm a worrier, and I've read the reassurances that Wentz will be great and the O-line will be solid despite a lack of experince.

What I need to be reassured about is that Wentz and the O-line combined will be fine. Because Wentz with last year's line would be great, and this year's line would be fine with Brock under center. But put all the new pieces together and...

Please, Bisonville, tell me we can achieve greatness again this year.

Default Re: Offensive Questions

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post

Anyway, I'm a worrier, and I've read the reassurances that Wentz will be great and the O-line will be solid despite a lack of experince.

What I need to be reassured about is that Wentz and the O-line combined will be fine. Because Wentz with last year's line would be great, and this year's line would be fine with Brock under center. But put all the new pieces together and...

The defense will dominate while the o-line and Wentz pull it together.

By mid-season they'll have it together. All of the guys are experienced within the program.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I always thought Wentz was faster through his progression than Brock seemed to be. Some of the coaches have alluded to this as well in interviews. If true that should help him if the protection breaks down with the new O line.

I also have some offensive questions to ask, but I think I might get chastised for thread drift. What to do, what to do. I mean, it appears to be the right thread, and we are in the football forum...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you need something to worry over, worry about Wentz's backup because it looks like the talent level dips a little. Then again, we found walker and Jensen in the unheralded backup role, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I also have some offensive questions to ask, but I think I might get chastised for thread drift. What to do, what to do. I mean, it appears to be the right thread, and we are in the football forum...
    Here is an offensive question:

Why no mention of the biggest, baddest Bison fan I know coming to Iowa?

If there's one thing BV knows it's offensive questions. Or anything offensive for that matter
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Nice job with the thread drift, you looser! Not sure why you have to get so defensive in an offensive thread. If you've got something offensive to ask, just ask it and quit beating around the bush. C'mon man, you are better than this!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post

The thing is, Wentz has been working with all these guys that are finally getting their shots at starting. For the last 2-3 years, most of the lineman have been practicing listening to Wentz's voice, cadence, etc. They know his strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. Add Haeg who started last year and you've got all the makings for a solid line that's worked together everyday against the best defense in the country.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

We'll be fine. Just hope Wentz is as durable as Brock. Not sure about Davis or Mcginnis, hopefully the coaches get both those guys some game reps in the Weber game.