Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey Oil Guys help ND universities!!

Default Re: Hey Oil Guys help ND universities!!

Big Iron had so many NDSU hats/t shirts I thought it was a NDSU event. (why wasnt NDSU there with a booth? if they were I apoligize) Theres millions in AG industry alone for NDSU to tap into.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    While I think "big oil" should contribute if approached the right way how about "big ag"?
    Look at all the big ag companies that have benefited from ND agriculture over the years. Huge seed, chemical, fertilizer and equipment companies that have reaped huge profits out of ND.
    Why not focus on them as well? Between big oil and big agriculture the money is there for things like a dome expansion and or new bigger indoor facility imho. Need the right AD to lead the charge.

Why is halftime a proseed infomercial if they are not donating big bucks? A lot of the larger seed companies in the area are teammakers. Guessing there are a few "large" farmers that are too.

Looking for $5-10 million from this group likely isn't going to happen as contrary to popular belief they don't have that kind of cash assets to do that. Only one I believe would/could is RDO.

I'm talking Monsanto, Pioneer, CHS, John Deere etc.. The big guys not Peterson Farm Seeds with all due respect.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Why is halftime a proseed infomercial if they are not donating big bucks? A lot of the larger seed companies in the area are teammakers. Guessing there are a few "large" farmers that are too.

Looking for $5-10 million from this group likely isn't going to happen as contrary to popular belief they don't have that kind of cash assets to do that. Only one I believe would/could is RDO.
    They do donate and I am sure they are paying for TV time one way or the other. The other day at thre TM luncheon many of the TM people I talked to were very busy with Big Iron. So they are tied in.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'm talking Monsanto, Pioneer, CHS, John Deere etc.. The big guys not Peterson Farm Seeds with all due respect.
    Cargill? .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Cargill? .
    Yeah, why not. Hit all these big players.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They do donate and I am sure they are paying for TV time one way or the other. The other day at thre TM luncheon many of the TM people I talked to were very busy with Big Iron. So they are tied in.

Oops forgot my purple! that was my point.

In regards to the big shots listed. Possible one of them does do a big donation? Just don't think a stadium name gets their name the exposure to the correct crowd that would make a difference to them? Not saying that they are not worth the effort though and NDSU would be one of the more ag percentage crowds. John Deere would be the best the color scheme matches and we wouldn't have to beg for green and yellow/gold seats!

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Like yourself?
    Ask your boy PL

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The oil companies are helping out the state with billions in revenue. Unfortunately the state runs things like an under performing Walmart /slum lord and Dalrymple and the state would rather keep a surplus there so they can pretend like they are so frugal and has something to do with it. The state isn't a for profit business and whoever follows them will be labeled a liberal spender trying to fix what they neglected.

It's not the states money to hoard. Either fix shit or give it back to the taxpayers
    Best damn post I've seen in a LONG time with regard to ND's surplus! I'm not saying it all has to be spent, but if you aren't going to spend it send it back to the people in some way. One time projects that are good for communities would be a great start. Or at least let public universities borrow money and guarantee it with the surplus.......

There, I think I covered the conservative, liberal and libertarian viewpoints on the subject but in all honesty any of them would be just fine in surplus years!