Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish Network Not Showing NDSU/Iowa State Game

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Dish Network Not Showing NDSU/Iowa State Game

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    Or you can call DirecTv like I did and talk to retention and tell them that you're thinking of leaving and before you know it they've cut $35/mo of your bill and they give me free Sunday ticket.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch
    Yeah but they wouldn't upgrade my equipment without a fee and it gets old calling every 3 months. I bet the game will still end up being on. Got fiber optic the other day so f the dish guys.

Lardsin must go!

I only have satellite so I have only one bill and get "decent" tv at my cabin and home. Otherwise would never have satellite. I also believe this happened last year and at the last minute Dish and Fox worked it out. Tired of that crap. Time to change.

I could've gotten equipment for free too but I would've had to re-up for 2 years. I was going to get internet with them as well for cheaper than what I pay now but CenturyLink doesn't offer ESPN3, which was a deal breaker for me as I use that all the time. My new rate they gave me is good for 1yr. I'm willing to call them once a year to haggle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestNDBison View Post
    I only have satellite so I have only one bill and get "decent" tv at my cabin and home. Otherwise would never have satellite. I also believe this happened last year and at the last minute Dish and Fox worked it out. Tired of that crap. Time to change.
    I agree. I sent an email to Dish letting them know I'm not at all happy over this shit again. They can afford to eat the increase with as much as they charge people. Damn ridiculous having this happen every year!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    I could've gotten equipment for free too but I would've had to re-up for 2 years. I was going to get internet with them as well for cheaper than what I pay now but CenturyLink doesn't offer ESPN3, which was a deal breaker for me as I use that all the time. My new rate they gave me is good for 1yr. I'm willing to call them once a year to haggle with them.

Isn't espn3 on the internet for free? I watch other mvc games on computer with espngo all the time even put it up on big screen.

Lardsin must go!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Isn't espn3 on the internet for free? I watch other mvc games on computer with espngo all the time even put it up on big screen.
    Your internet service provider (ISP) needs to have an agreement with ESPN for that to be the case. Since yours works, your ISP must have that agreement in place, it sounds like CenturyLink does not (which doesn't surprise me).

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah but they wouldn't upgrade my equipment without a fee and it gets old calling every 3 months. I bet the game will still end up being on. Got fiber optic the other day so f the dish guys.
    You're doing it wrong then. Nothing but the latest equipment here, haven't bought a receiver in over 10 years. Sunday ticket has been free for me for the past 2 years and my Bill hasn't increased drastically in the 20 years I've had the service. When it did, it was justifiable amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I could be wrong but......didn't the same thing (or something similar) happen last year before the KSU game? Dish and Fox1 came to some kind of agreement just days before the game.
    Happens all the time, and most of the time things get resolved before any major TV events are broadcast on the subject network. I guess it is up to FS1 which game will be their first big draw of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Your internet service provider (ISP) needs to have an agreement with ESPN for that to be the case. Since yours works, your ISP must have that agreement in place, it sounds like CenturyLink does not (which doesn't surprise me).
    Yeah, I have DirecTv and WOW! Cable Internet. My ISP gets ESPN3 although I keep hearing rumblings that DTV is going to negotiate with the Disney properties for their Watch apps. We'll see.

In summary, I cannot wait for the government sponsored television/internet distribution oligarchy to be destroyed. The only downside is that the execs who lose their jobs will go with golden parachutes but that is a sunk cost to society at this point.