Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bison Recipes (food and drink)

Default Re: Bison Recipes (food and drink)

My super simple secret that seems to make way more difference than it should is that I constantly coat whatever meat I am cooking in chili powder as I am cooking it. Almost exclusively ground beef for me but as I am browning it and letting it simmer I am constantly coating it in chili powder.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    My super simple secret that seems to make way more difference than it should is that I constantly coat whatever meat I am cooking in chili powder as I am cooking it. Almost exclusively ground beef for me but as I am browning it and letting it simmer I am constantly coating it in chili powder.
    Yeah, I like doing that too - except I've switched to chicken in my chili (I pull it after four hours or so and chili powder the heck out of it.)

Other things: Celery salt, diced-up half a jar of jalapenos, a couple shakes of habenero powder, and if there must be beans - anything but kidney beans (I used frijoles negros and a bit of pinto beans in the current batch.)

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    With everything that you guys put together for tailgating, someone should put together a Bison Tailgate Cook Book. Sell the damn thing at the bookstore or you know Barns and Noble. But seriously though, it would be a very interesting read. Maybe some of you make a certain dish for who the opponent is or where the game is taking place ie: Kansas City, Texas, the Atlantic North East or maybe West Coast. Shoot play down south and have some good old southern cooking.

Odd, but I flipped through this thread and don't see a report on what we actually did in Ames which was pretty awesome.

We served "make your own bison sausage omelets." People broke their own eggs, put all the fixins they wanted in a baggie. Then we put it in another baggie before dropping it in boiling water. It was the one and only time we have ever done this and it was great.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We liked the Tatankas so much that we now serve them at Bison games and at the last game of the season because they are so good served hot on a cold day.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I think I want to find a way to beg a bowl of your gumbo...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You are more than welcome to join us. I will be making gumbo for one of the playoff games.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I like doing that too - except I've switched to chicken in my chili (I pull it after four hours or so and chili powder the heck out of it.)

Other things: Celery salt, diced-up half a jar of jalapenos, a couple shakes of habenero powder, and if there must be beans - anything but kidney beans (I used frijoles negros and a bit of pinto beans in the current batch.)
    Green chilis?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Green chilis?
    Or how about some Chipotle in Adobo sauce. Throw in a little liquid smoke too assuming the chicken had not been smoked.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Green Chili's, jalapeņos and chipotles in adobo all go in mine

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Or how about some Chipotle in Adobo sauce. Throw in a little liquid smoke too assuming the chicken had not been smoked.
    I use that when I make Pasole.