Page 999 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sure how Phil became popular during the predraft workouts as he was a QB with terrible stats coming from an even more terrible D-11 (and later D-1AA) team. He was Bill Walsh's first QB option to be drafted in 1979, but the Giants beat him to selecting Phil. Instead, Bill took a low-rated QB from Notre Dame in the third round.
    How'd that ever turn out for him anyway?

...rode the pine in Notre Dame looks like, I bet the guy never amounted to much in the NFL.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    How'd that ever turn out for him anyway?

...rode the pine in Notre Dame looks like, I bet the guy never amounted to much in the NFL.
    I heard his right hand has a "weighed-down" feeling to it.

Hail the BISON!!!

The last time I had the best of both worlds...bison and the 49ers....1990

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    REGARDING THE ABOVE LINKED ARTICLE FROM THE BLEACHER REPORT:
    In Matt Miller's "Negatives" section of his analysis of Wentz, he focuses on a potential problem writing, "He likes to go straight to his first target, but sometimes doesn't progress in his read".

This seems to be a common criticism as these reports continue to pour out.

As a counterpoint, it's clear to me that when this is a problematic characteristic of quarterbacks, they tend to pile up interceptions at a very high rate. Since this is not statistically evident in Carson's career, one needs to drill down. Given that when a QB has a favorable touchdown to interception ratio and is observed to lock on to receiver either pre-snap or once the play begins, a much different critique is warranted. We've heard Klieman and Hedberg speak extensively about Wentz's intelligence and uncanny ability to read defenses.

Conclusion: He is quickly capable of recognizing defensives formations, mis-matches, etc. and often knows where he's going with the ball in the blink of an eye. And, if his target gets open........boom.......MOVE THOSE CHAINS!
    Exactly. Polasek basically said this same thing in the Bleacher Report article he was quoted in.

There are a few negative things that the "experts" refer to, when talking about Carson Wentz. "Can he throw a receiver open"? "Can he throw the rainbow long pass and drop it in the box"? "Can his footwork in the pocket be of NFL standards"?

OK you "experts"...all you need to do is go back and watch ONE game...not a lot of CW's games, simply ONE game. The National Championship game played in January. Not only did Carson show the world these and many other traits needed to QB in the NFL...he did it coming off a long layoff, in a big game, against a higher rated team!!!

Sometimes I think even the "experts" feel the need to find SOMETHING/ANYTHING negative to say about CW, in order to keep the Goff's and others from not throwing a tantrum!!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    There are a few negative things that the "experts" refer to, when talking about Carson Wentz. "Can he throw a receiver open"? "Can he throw the rainbow long pass and drop it in the box"? "Can his footwork in the pocket be of NFL standards"?

OK you "experts"...all you need to do is go back and watch ONE game...not a lot of CW's games, simply ONE game. The National Championship game played in January. Not only did Carson show the world these and many other traits needed to QB in the NFL...he did it coming off a long layoff, in a big game, against a higher rated team!!!

Sometimes I think even the "experts" feel the need to find SOMETHING/ANYTHING negative to say about CW, in order to keep the Goff's and others from not throwing a tantrum!!
    I would go back to two of his throws vs UNI to Sheppard. Great throws and more than great catches.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would go back to two of his throws vs UNI to Sheppard. Great throws and more than great catches.
    Damn, you shouldn't have mentioned these! Now I can't wait for football season to start after recalling those plays!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's official. This guy knows everything

http://www.inforum.com/letters/40035...not-worth-much

"You Bison fans need your head examined if you think you should run out and buy a Carson Wentz trading card. Outside of Fargo, no one knows who this guy is.

If you farmers think commodity prices have dropped, wait until Wentz faces a pro defense and watch the same thing happen."

Aren't trading cards kind of dying industry?

Guys we might as well just shut this thread down Brian says so:

You Bison fans need your head examined...........

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    It's official. This guy knows everything

"You Bison fans need your head examined if you think you should run out and buy a Carson Wentz trading card. Outside of Fargo, no one knows who this guy is.

If you farmers think commodity prices have dropped, wait until Wentz faces a pro defense and watch the same thing happen."

Aren't trading cards kind of dying industry?
    Looks like you typed faster than me. What tool that guy is. He really took the time to send that to the editor of the paper. Man there are some real winners in this world. At least when he walks in a room everybody can know they are not even close to the dumbest person in the room.