Page 980 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 4808809309709789799809819829901030108014801980 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

http://www.endzonescore.com/49ers-to...nor-cook/37207

With the NFL Draft less than one month away, the San Francisco 49ers are revisiting one candidate, and considering a pair of others. After attending Cal standout Jared Goff’s pro day, the Niners will work out the 21-year-old during a private session before the draft, and will also hold workouts with North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz and Michigan State’s Connor Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think he gets the assumption that he can play right away because he played for a P5 school and did well against PAC-12 teams. However, a former FCS QB, who is less athletic and slower than Carson Wentz also did the same thing.

Jared Goff Stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...401/jared-goff

Vernon Adam Stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ernon-adams-jr
    That is not why. It has been explained over and over.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That is not why. It has been explained over and over.
    You have your opinion, I have mine. While Goff is good at the things you mentioned earlier, "He made some pro reads, throws with anticipation, moves well in the pocket, etc.," that doesn't separate him from Wentz since he is also good at those things. The biggest knock on Wentz by experts has been the competition he has face compared to Goff or other prospects.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You have your opinion, I have mine. While Goff is good at the things you mentioned earlier, "He made some pro reads, throws with anticipation, moves well in the pocket, etc.," that doesn't separate him from Wentz since he is also good at those things. The biggest knock on Wentz by experts has been the competition he has face compared to Goff or other prospects.
    I'm not saying it's my opinion at all, I'm saying what has been said by experts. Your opinion is that he gets that label from playing in the PAC-12, which is not how it has been presented literally anywhere. It's weird to have an opinion about what scouts are seeing when it's been stated what they are saying...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I'm not saying it's my opinion at all, I'm saying what has been said by experts. Your opinion is that he gets that label from playing in the PAC-12, which is not how it has been presented literally anywhere. It's weird to have an opinion about what scouts are seeing when it's been stated what they are saying...
    So you have never heard the scouts/draft experts downgrade Wentz because he has played in the FCS while Goff played in the FBS? I brought up the PAC-12 (part of the FBS last time I checked) because that's where he played and I was making the comparison between Goff and Adams.
    Hail the BISON!!!

So you have never heard the scouts/draft experts downgrade Wentz because he has played in the FCS while Goff played in the FBS? I brought up the PAC-12 (part of the FBS last time I checked) because that's where he played and I was making the comparison between Goff and Adams.
    You were saying that Goff was viewed as the most pro ready BECAUSE of the PAC12, which is not the reason that has been presented at all. Goff is being viewed as pro-ready because of the things I listed, that's not up for debate. You keep providing a moving target, I wasn't arguing about Wentz being downgraded by being from the FCS. I didn't even bring up Wentz once in any of my posts when responding to why Goff is viewed as pro-ready. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with them, just stating what has been said over and over.

Let's recap. BisonTru said he doesn't understand why they have been saying it:

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    This is the argument I don't understand that gets repeated often among the "experts."

Why is it assumed Goff is ready to start day one vs. Wentz? Goff came from an Air Raid system that doesn't feature a ton of concepts and fundamentals that pro style offenses use. RG3 was successful his first year because they tailored the offense to feature his athleticism. Now, after two banged up knees he's still trying to learn how to be a complete pocket passer four years down the road. I like Goff and think he has the tools to make the jump, but historically many QBs have struggled to jump to a pro style offense.

Hell, teams are now starting to red shirt spread offensive lineman for their first year just to teach them the fundamentals like firing out and the three point stance.
    I responded with what has been echoed over and over again by pundits, et al:

He made some pro reads, throws with anticipation, moves well in the pocket, etc.
    You continued to talk about it, throwing your opinion into the ring, when factually it is incorrect that he is viewed by them as ready because of the PAC12:

I think he gets the assumption that he can play right away because he played for a P5 school and did well against PAC-12 teams. However, a former FCS QB, who is less athletic and slower than Carson Wentz also did the same thing.

Jared Goff Stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...401/jared-goff

Vernon Adam Stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ernon-adams-jr
    You then replied saying we both have opinions, but I stated factually what they were saying. It separates him from Wentz because experts think he did it better, but I never was comparing him to Wentz, just answering the question on why draft experts/scouts think he is more ready:

Then you questioned me hearing or not Wentz was being downgraded because of FCS level, when I never brought him up even once:

Get it now?

Cliffs: Goff is considered pro-ready because of his reads, movement in the pocket and throwing with anticipation(to a spot, rather than a guy). End of story. Not only because he was in the PAC12 or that it's impossible to do pro-style concepts out of the Bear-Raid offense. Not comparing him to Wentz or questioning the FCS thing.
    check neg rep

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

You were saying that Goff was viewed as the most pro ready BECAUSE of the PAC12, which is not the reason that has been presented at all. Goff is being viewed as pro-ready because of the things I listed, that's not up for debate. You keep providing a moving target, I wasn't arguing about Wentz being downgraded by being from the FCS. I didn't even bring up Wentz once in any of my posts when responding to why Goff is viewed as pro-ready. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with them, just stating what has been said over and over.

Let's recap. BisonTru said he doesn't understand why they have been saying it:

I responded with what has been echoed over and over again by pundits, et al:

You continued to talk about it, throwing your opinion into the ring, when factually it is incorrect that he is viewed by them as ready because of the PAC12:

You then replied saying we both have opinions, but I stated factually what they were saying. It separates him from Wentz because experts think he did it better, but I never was comparing him to Wentz, just answering the question on why draft experts/scouts think he is more ready:

Then you questioned me hearing or not Wentz was being downgraded because of FCS level, when I never brought him up even once:

Get it now?

Cliffs: Goff is considered pro-ready because of his reads, movement in the pocket and throwing with anticipation(to a spot, rather than a guy). End of story. Not only because he was in the PAC12 or that it's impossible to do pro-style concepts out of the Bear-Raid offense. Not comparing him to Wentz or questioning the FCS thing.
    Again you got your opinion, I got mine. I get my opinion because of lot "experts" sounding like this conversation: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-mock-d...Scout-vs-Scout
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 03-31-2016 at 01:50 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Again you got your opinion, I got mine. I get my opinion because of lot "experts" sounding like this conversation: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-mock-d...Scout-vs-Scout
    Jeezus, seriously? This wasn't my opinion vs your opinion, how do you keep missing that part? Someone asked why Goff was being considered pro-ready and I said why the experts were saying he was the most pro ready. I'M NOT NEC AGREEING WITH THEIR TAKE! It was just a statement based on what has been said over and over. Mother of god.
    check neg rep