Page 943 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 443843893933941942943944945953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Only cost ND taxpayers $300,000 this time.
    You want to clarify that? Even if the *Fargo* tax payer payed for some overtime for the cops to close down broadway for a couple hours, I highly doubt the total came to 300k.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    You want to clarify that? Even if the *Fargo* tax payer payed for some overtime for the cops to close down broadway for a couple hours, I highly doubt the total came to 300k.
    Meanwhile, the folks here from ESPN stayed in hotels, ate in restaurants, took cabs or rented cars - and paid sales tax on everything. Don't forget, many of them will be here through Thursday, filming Pro Day. I don't know the exact economic impact, but it is probably enough to cover the cost of setting up a few sawhorses. Happily providing whatever ESPN asks for is in our best interests as a community and state, as well as college.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Only cost ND taxpayers $300,000 this time.
    My interpretation,

The state of ND just spent 300k on an advertisement with Josh and Carson and it will probably say legendary on it when it comes out.

But then again what the hell would I know I'm just small town class b.

Lardsin must go!

The state of ND and Fargo should be giving NDSU whatever they want for facility improvements, etc. Over the past 10 years North Dakota and Fargo have received all sorts of essentially free publicity courtesy NDSU sports accomplishments that the state and city would never be able to replicate no matter how much money they spent. Would be interesting to know the dollar value of all the football championship coverage, FCS college football opening game coverage, NCAA basketball tourney coverage, Carson Wentz NFL draft coverage, ESPN College Gameday in Fargo twice and soon to be third time. Not to mention all sorts of other accomplishments in golf (Amy Andersen), wrestling, softball and track & field. It's not just program success, it's the character of our student athletes that impresses America!
    Last edited by SDbison; 03-21-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Not sure if mentioned, but on the sports talk radio station in Denver, they had Ron Jaworski on, said he would be in Fargo for NDSU Pro Day.

Will be fun to find out the type and number of throws Wentz is slated for.

Quote Originally Posted by norm4life View Post
    Not sure if mentioned, but on the sports talk radio station in Denver, they had Ron Jaworski on, said he would be in Fargo for NDSU Pro Day.
    As will I. Coincidence?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by norm4life View Post
    So will Britt McHenry.... hopefully her car doesn't get towed anywhere in Fargo or else the employees at the impound better be on their best and most respectful behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Meanwhile, the folks here from ESPN stayed in hotels, ate in restaurants, took cabs or rented cars - and paid sales tax on everything. Don't forget, many of them will be here through Thursday, filming Pro Day. I don't know the exact economic impact, but it is probably enough to cover the cost of setting up a few sawhorses. Happily providing whatever ESPN asks for is in our best interests as a community and state, as well as college.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    My interpretation,

The state of ND just spent 300k on an advertisement with Josh and Carson and it will probably say legendary on it when it comes out.

But then again what the hell would I know I'm just small town class b.
    Are you guys serious? This was 100% sarcasm...played off of the Duhamel tourism ad costs...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I note a distinct lack of purple.

And I'm sorry I was not aware what a set of tourism ads set the state back. :P