Page 909 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 409809859899907908909910911919959100914091909 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    The Browns lost 4 starters today. The NFL Network proclaimed the Browns as the "losers" after day one of the free agency period. Kevin Siefert of ESPN offers some insight into the inexperience or incompetence of the Browns staff today after losing the four players. The problem could be that they have 3 Harvard grads running football operations.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...e-agency-day-1
    You meant that they feel that participating in the postseason would put unwanted stress on the players and lessen the importance of their in-conference games?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You meant that they feel that participating in the postseason would put unwanted stress on the players and lessen the importance of their in-conference games?
    I am absolutely confident that is what he meant

I think it is interesting that the Browns have not yet cut Manziel, unless that had happened and I missed it here in the UK.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I am absolutely confident that is what he meant

I think it is interesting that the Browns have not yet cut Manziel, unless that had happened and I missed it here in the UK.
    Nope, hasn't happened yet. Evidently trying to get some, or any, value out of him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brown...iel-yet-2016-3

But after yesterday I'm convinced they are just a bunch of delusional idiots in over their heads. I hope I'm wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-free-agency

Sometimes it feels as though the Cleveland Browns operate as a franchise that is simply happy to be part of the NFL. They don't need fancy things like high-quality players, a functional front office or wireless Internet, because unless the league adopts a relegation system, they're entrenched as members of the club.

Kind of surprising. You'd think an organization that once ceased to exist for a three-year period would be more aware of its mortality. But alas, the Browns continue to phone it in.

On Wednesday, for instance, a Browns team that, according to Over the Cap, entered free agency with an excess of $40 million to spend allowed four of its starters—center Alex Mack, offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz, wide receiver Travis Benjamin and safety Tashaun Gipson—to walk, while signing nobody.

Nobody in-house...nobody on the open market.

Maybe CW will have to pull an Eli Manning and refuse to sign with certain organizations

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Ivy Leaguer's, go figure...

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This isn't a surprise. Peyton was the more likely QB to return. Osweiler had an option to return, but under no circumstances was Elway going to pay high dollar for him, regardless of how Brock and his son, Jack, were friends at ASU. I still think it was foretelling how the front office felt towards Brock last year when they were trying to trade him for a 6th round pick. Don't get me wrong, Brock will be a decent QB, but not the QB Denver will need for the future.

In regards to Denver's future, MY guess/prediciton, is that they trade up to get the QB Cleveland doesn't select with the #2 pick. I believe they will move up if neither San Diego or Dallas select the other QB. I feel a trade with San Francisco for their #7 pick is in the works. Look for a few high draft picks with Demaryius Thomas going SF's way. If SD or Dallas take the other QB, then Denver stays put, selects a linesman in the first round and then a QB (Lynch, Hackenberg, Hogan or any QB not on Em's top-10) in the second round.
    As a non-Bronco fan living in Colorado the last 20 years I could not agree more.

I told a friend, shortly after the SB that there is no way Elway would give Osweiler the money he was seeking. The friend was absolutely convinced that Brock was the future.

Elway has a plan and he will stick with it. He never needed Osweiler and saw him as a backup and only a backup. I expect the Broncos will sign a solid vet to manage the game while attempting to move up and get a QB this year, or next. I may not like the Broncos, but Elway is the best front office man in the league right now. I would not be surprised at all to see Fitz end up in Denver on a lower paying 2 year agreement while helping to groom the young QB of Elway's choice. He fits the mold Elway is looking for. Smart, a veteran, and able to manage the game without making mistakes.

If Wentz doesn't end up in Cleveland, I could easily see him in Denver. Elway would love the guy. My guess is there is a lot going on in Dove Valley today.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Nope, hasn't happened yet. Evidently trying to get some, or any, value out of him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brown...iel-yet-2016-3

But after yesterday I'm convinced they are just a bunch of delusional idiots in over their heads. I hope I'm wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-free-agency
    In their defense, a team that went 3-13 just saved themselves $150 million on players. It's rebuild mode over there, if they were closer to being a contender, fine. I think this might be the right move in the long run.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    As a non-Bronco fan living in Colorado the last 20 years I could not agree more.

I told a friend, shortly after the SB that there is no way Elway would give Osweiler the money he was seeking. The friend was absolutely convinced that Brock was the future.

Elway has a plan and he will stick with it. He never needed Osweiler and saw him as a backup and only a backup. I expect the Broncos will sign a solid vet to manage the game while attempting to move up and get a QB this year, or next. I may not like the Broncos, but Elway is the best front office man in the league right now. I would not be surprised at all to see Fitz end up in Denver on a lower paying 2 year agreement while helping to groom the young QB of Elway's choice. He fits the mold Elway is looking for. Smart, a veteran, and able to manage the game without making mistakes.

If Wentz doesn't end up in Cleveland, I could easily see him in Denver. Elway would love the guy. My guess is there is a lot going on in Dove Valley today.
    I'd be shocked if Fitz signs for less than Osweiler. There are fewer QB than teams who want them so Denver is going to have to pay someone. Probably should have paid Von Miller and tagged Osweiler.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post

With all that said, I could see a "young QB of Elway's choice" doing well behind a savvy veteran along with Elway/Kubiak and whoever their QB/offensive coaches may be. If it is Wentz, obviously one hell of a student.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz101on View Post
    With all that said, I could see a "young QB of Elway's choice" doing well behind a savvy veteran along with Elway/Kubiak and whoever their QB/offensive coaches may be. If it is Wentz, obviously one hell of a student.
    Denver is trying to hang on to a really solid defense. And they want Von to be a signature player for that defense. So they franchised him. Brock was never going to get the Franchise tag, it would have cost them more then they wanted to spend. However, with where they have ended up it's going to be very interesting to see what shakes out.