Page 879 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 37977982986987787887988088188992997913791879 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I agree with part of what you said, but just because these east coast big city sports announcers say wrong stuff doesn't mean we should accept it. Part of what drives NDSU fans and athletes to show up and play like big schools is the chip on our shoulder. NDSU just needs to keep on beating the unbeatable and have it's athletes be represented more and more at the professional level.
    I guess I can't argue about the chip on our shoulder thing. I'm pretty sure I heard Billy, Grant and Marcus talk about wanting to beat the Gophers pretty badly after having been passed over by them. However, I still don't feel the need to repeat what someone says about any of the things I already listed when it's just talk. Does that mean I accept it? Absolutely not. Do I let it effect me and make me upset? No way man, not at all. I'm sure it probably has more to do with a persons personality how they respond to it when they feel the need to defend themselves or put a chip on their own shoulders. As a fan that has showed up to several FBS venues to watch the Bison play, I never feel the need to smack talk or point out any previous accomplishments the Bison as a team have made. After the game, in which NDSU has won several, I can walk out without having to say a thing to any of their fans...they know what the scoreboard read.

Back to the subject of Carson, I'm just giddy thinking about him wearing an NFL jersey and can't wait for the first time I see him take the field. Whether he goes #2, #4, late first or whatever, he's gonna be in the league...and some east coast big city sports guy who writes for iknowmorethanyou.com isn't going to effect how happy I am about it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    There's no need to get hung up on the "small school" designation. The smallest P5 school is Mississippi State at 20k. We live in a world where college athletics are driven by the largest schools. There are schools out there with 50 and 60k enrollments.

NDSU is about the same size as St. Cloud State. Would you consider them "mid sized"? I mean, it's actually an even bigger source of pride that such quality comes from a school the size of NDSU. They can call us small, but the also have to call us really good.
    C'mon now, we got those private P5 schools (Notre Dame, TCU) beat!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Fyi..they called Memphis a small school also yesterday
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    "Small school" just means non-P5 to these people. UCF was a "small school" too when Bortles was coming up. Take a look at their enrollment.

Holy Moly. I haven't been around in awhile. Over a million views and soon to be a 1000 pages. CW rocks.

Small school is just a reference to the FCS and lower divisions. Portland State has more students than Oregon and Oregon State, yet they are considered "small school" by the typical college football an.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I get tired of the small school references........NDSU is not a small school. In all points of view from number of students (15,000), to football average attendance of 19,000, to basketball classification of mid-major, to DI success of other sports, to even the FCS DI subdivision level............ NDSU is a mid-sized school. Small is something like less than 7,000 students, less than 5,000 average football attendance, NAIA, DII or DIII affiliation, etc. In the talking heads world there is only big time colleges and if your school is not one of them it must be small, puny and insignificant. Guess since most of the commentators saying this crap are not top dogs they must be small time.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    SI Extra had a story about Small School QBs adding intrigue to the draft. They specifically referenced Carson and Paxton Lynch.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking at CW... FCS.... it would appear that these "experts" would realize that he was a FBS talent playing with FCS schools and the thus he was already playing at FBS speed, which left FCS schools in the dust. But that would require actual analysis when it is just easier to say "small school" phenom than to explain the "why".

That makes a better story.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    C'mon now, we got those private P5 schools (Notre Dame, TCU) beat!!!
    yes. When I was looking that up I was keying in on public schools but totally forgot to put that in my comment. It is indeed the smallest public school.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯