Page 829 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 32972977981982782882983083183987992913291829 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    1-Kiper is famously wrong a lot, like as often as you and me throwing darts.

2-Cleveland fans, literally of anyone on earth, are probably pretty stoic about drafting QBs at this point and will not care where Kiper had the guy going by and large.
    Yes, like ALL these "draft experts" Kiper is wrong a lot, but he is also the most visible one out there and will certainly have an impact on the average fan's perception of Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    1-Kiper is famously wrong a lot, like as often as you and me throwing darts.

2-Cleveland fans, literally of anyone on earth, are probably pretty stoic about drafting QBs at this point and will not care where Kiper had the guy going by and large.
    I am not a Kiper fan. I can't keep up with him to probably fully appreciate what he does. I do know though that even though he is wrong and readily admits he is wrong, his track record is actually pretty good. He nails about 1/3 of the 1st round down to the actual pick. He is something like 90% of being within a couple of picks with every player for the first round and somewhere around 75% accurate within a few picks of the first 100. I forgot who tracks the mock draft analysts but he is in the top 5 over recent history. He is passionate about where he ranks guys so when he is wrong, it looks monumentally wrong. Apparently he is a relentless researcher and spends more time studying than anyone else. From what I have read about him, there are a few NFL GMs who use him to attribute some value to guys they target when it comes to questioning whether they should trade. So while he doesn't have pinpoint accuracy, which no one in the mock draft game does, he is pretty much the starting point for everyone else. His initial mock draft is where everyone else is working from in establishing the market value of every potential pick because that is really what the mock draft game is all about. It is hard to diminish a person's contributions when he is the one creating the starting line for the whole industry.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yes, like ALL these "draft experts" Kiper is wrong a lot, but he is also the most visible one out there and will certainly have an impact on the average fan's perception of Carson.
    I just got off the phone with Otto Graham and he claims Carson is a for maybe sure positive likely pick for the Browns, but..... we'd have to wait until April to know for sure.

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    Audible021816_WentzCoachEDIT32:21
    Apologize if already posted.
    Is there supposed to be a link?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://soundcloud.com/the-audibleScroll down a little bit and enjoy.

Man, Coach K does a great job talking to the media. Total class act.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Man, Coach K does a great job talking to the media. Total class act.

Yep, nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/the-audibleScroll down a little bit and enjoy.
    Coach mentioned pro day on march 24th

Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    Coach mentioned pro day on march 24th
    Did he say when the tailgate lots open?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Did he say when the tailgate lots open?
    5hrs before kickoff would be a safe bet. However, Friday afternoon would be cool. Camp over night tailgate.