Page 827 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 32772777781782582682782882983787792713271827 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We were at the 48 yard line with 40 seconds in the half you can't just assume we're going to score there but for the interception (which game them the ball on the 5 with no timeouts). We weren't even close to "field goal range". Further, that ball was not underthrown it was on the money and the DB made a great play.
    Agree can't assume anything until we are in the endzone. As for the pick, it was definitely underthrown. Vraa had to slow up quite a bit and come back for it. Agree it was still a heckuva play by the Dback.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. I'd argue there is more pressure playing at NDSU than nearly all NFL teams. What nfl teams have a legit expectation of winning a championship? No NFL QB has ever had to follow a 3peat qb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Hahahaha, seriously? preposterous statement nominee, in fact, possible winner.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree. I'd argue there is more pressure playing at NDSU than nearly all NFL teams. What nfl teams have a legit expectation of winning a championship? No NFL QB has ever had to follow a 3peat qb.

Maybe. But with a multi-million dollar salary on the line and the eyes of 100 million viewers (with replays, Sportscenter, etc), the NFL is a pretty big stage. Maybe even bigger than the Fargodome and Bisonville.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    This is insane.
    Really, I'm talking from a fan perspective and expectations. If you go 8-8 in Buffalo you are good. If you go .500 at NDSU you are an epic failure, coaches get fired and fans melt down. Where are expectations higher?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really, I'm talking from a fan perspective and expectations. If you go 8-8 in Buffalo you are good. If you go .500 at NDSU you are an epic failure, coaches get fired and fans melt down. Where are expectations higher?

From fans on Bisonville, perhaps. But for every fan on here that views .500 as a failure, I am sure the Bills have at least one fan that feels the same. Now add the fact the Bills have __ times as many fans as NDSU and likely fringe extremist fans to a higher and more extreme point than NDSU and yeah...you get the picture...(maybe).

It's insane.

If you go 8-8 in Buffalo EVERY year, you'll get canned.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If you go 8-8 in Buffalo EVERY year, you'll get canned.
    Maybe but you still get paid and laugh all the way to the bank and have zero emotional ties to Buffalo, and probably get another chance.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Mike and Mike talk about Kipers new mock, Video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14798675

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Agree can't assume anything until we are in the endzone. As for the pick, it was definitely underthrown. Vraa had to slow up quite a bit and come back for it. Agree it was still a heckuva play by the Dback.
    Guess I saw the play differently. Not that it matters, thought it was a well thrown ball that the DB made a hell of pick. Zero seperation from the DB by VRAA