Page 826 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 32672677681682482582682782883687692613261826 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Wentz does have some work to do on the long ball but he always misses long where he didn't hurt the team.
    I used to think the same, but his long ball was so blasted good this year; he was as good a Jensen which is a HUGE compliment as that was his best throw.

On a more positive note... I found this statement at http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...215-story.html

As far as the draft goes, Jaworski seems to be highest on Carson Wentz of North Dakota State as a top quarterback.

"He got hurt, so he only threw 216 balls this year," Jaworski said. "Not a great sampling for his last year of [college] football. But man, the kid's got talent, the kid's got talent.
    "I'll say the name. I don't believe he's that guy, but he's got torque like Cam Newton. … He can throw it. He just snaps it and it comes out. And he's more mobile than I thought. He can move. He's played under center, his drops are really refined, he's got every throw."

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I saw him mention that he had Russel Wilson as a 1st round grade and that's the reason why his opinion matters. My issue with that? No one questioned Wilson's skillset, it was all based on his physical stature - or lack thereof. AKA, he really wasn't breaking new ground on him, just bucking what was ACTUALLY going to happen in the draft.
    He hit on Wilson, but Em won't bring up all the other high grades he gave under deserving prospects that didn't pan out. It's a game, if Cardale Jones pans out he'll be pushing he's a prophet, when he doesn't he'll just never bring it up again. It's ridiculous all the videos Em puts out. He previews everything, the NFL, the draft, the FBS, the FCS, DII, DIII, playbooks, everything. He spews under researched material all the time, then his minions and himself point to one thing he got right. Well, no shit, after 3,000 videos you hit on something. Bravo!!

What pissed me off is that a LOT of people consider him an expert including some of our local media. He's not, he's just a man who produces a TON of youtube videos to get people to buy his book.

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/02/04/cl...aft-profile/4/

Living in an NFL city and shouldering the hopes of a region are a big adjustment for anyone, let alone a 23 year-old kid who went to college in a city smaller than Dayton. It wouldn’t be the least bit surprising for him to experience a slight culture shock.
    This guy has no idea the level of expectation possessed by Bison Nation.

Otherwise a fairly balanced review. Except for the comments on Wentz's Senior Bowl game performance. Hard for him to perform well with so many passes bouncing off receiver's hands.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 02-17-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I seriously think he is just clickbaiting Bisonation. Interesting that he doesn't show any of the crazy good deep throws Carson made this year just bad throws from last year. Both UNI TD's come to mind. He laid those balls in there perfectly.

Wentz does have some work to do on the long ball but he always misses long where he didn't hurt the team. Very few long throws that came up short, the last long throw against the redbirds I guess.
    At the end of the first half in the Championship game, his long throw to Vraa, was short and for that reason it was intercepted. Might have had a FG or TD to end the half, without the underthrow.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    http://nflspinzone.com/2016/02/04/cl...aft-profile/4/

This guy has no idea the level of expectation possessed by Bison Nation.

Otherwise a fairly balanced review. Except for the comments on Wentz's Senior Bowl game performance. Hard for him to perform well with so many passes bouncing off receiver's hands.
    Agree. I'd argue there is more pressure playing at NDSU than nearly all NFL teams. What nfl teams have a legit expectation of winning a championship? No NFL QB has ever had to follow a 3peat qb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    At the end of the first half in the Championship game, his long throw to Vraa, was short and for that reason it was intercepted. Might have had a FG or TD to end the half, without the underthrow.
    We were at the 48 yard line with 40 seconds in the half you can't just assume we're going to score there but for the interception (which gave them the ball on the 5 with no timeouts). We weren't even close to "field goal range". Further, that ball was not underthrown it was on the money and the DB made a great play.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 07-18-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Pro Football Focus Big Board...

4.Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
    There’s some projection to Wentz’s game, but the raw tools are impressive, as was our first look at his game. While his timing isn’t always on point in the passing game, he has the big arm and athleticism to mask that inexperience as he grows.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...l-draft-board/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Mel Kiper has CW going #2 to Cleveland in his latest mock draft. I know these things are meaningless, but Mike & Mike were just discussing Carson on their show. Amazing.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
    Mel Kiper has CW going #2 to Cleveland in his latest mock draft. I know these things are meaningless, but Mike & Mike were just discussing Carson on their show. Amazing.
    Looking good Billy Ray!