Page 791 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 29169174178178979079179279380184189112911791 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I think the hype will calm down a little right now as well. Why wouldn't it. It's tough to get excited and hear news about anyone in the draft when all they are doing now is working out and maybe interviewing with some team's personal directors. NDSU pro day will get the hype ramped up a little again; especially in the local media. It will die down again until the NFL combine where there will, I think, be a lot of hype because now you will be able to compare Wentz to the other top QB prospects since Goff and Lynch will be there as well. If Carson can maintain what he has accomplished on and off the field, then there will be real hype and speculation about him being the first QB taken, likely to Cleveland, and the outside shot of someone trading to get the #1 pick to get him.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That could happen. Even though I'm a HUGE Carson Wentz fan, I have some mixed feelings about the possibility. Would it really be a good thing for Carson--in the long term--to have the super high expectations for immediate success that would inevitably come with being THE NUMBER ONE (or even a top ten) overall pick? I don't know. I suspect that Carson is much less worried about this than I am. He seems to have incredible strength of character.

I'm the farthest thing from a draft expert, but my personal wild guess is that CW is nearing the peak of the hype train and that as we get closer to the draft people will start to nitpick on real or imaginary faults. He ends up being drafted closer to the 15-20 range than #1. I'm probably wrong, but that is how I would bet today.
    Wrong...the hype train will ramp back up at the combine.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Was reading that the titans may shop the 1st pick to a QB hungry team that wants to get their guy before Cleveland, for example. If Wentz is the #1 QB on that teams board, he could go #1 in the entire draft.
    The Titans have been very open about this. The first pick is for sale. The issue is the Rams or Texans are way to far back to get there unless they start throwing next years 1st in the mix and they might need '18 as well. SF is close enough they could make a run at it, but Chip was adamant even with Mariota he wasn't going to mortgage the team for him. I'm hoping I'm right here, it may be wishful thinking, but I think Chip is arrogant enough to believe he doesn't need a great quarterback to succeed. Philly, maybe, but I'd sit still and just see who falls to you. The rest of the teams near the top have their QB. I don't see a team throwing extra picks for a future successor.

That could happen. Even though I'm a HUGE Carson Wentz fan, I have some mixed feelings about the possibility. Would it really be a good thing for Carson--in the long term--to have the super high expectations for immediate success that would inevitably come with being THE NUMBER ONE (or even a top ten) overall pick? I don't know. I suspect that Carson is much less worried about this than I am. He seems to have incredible strength of character.

I'm the farthest thing from a draft expert, but my personal wild guess is that CW is nearing the peak of the hype train and that as we get closer to the draft people will start to nitpick on real or imaginary faults. He ends up being drafted closer to the 15-20 range than #1. I'm probably wrong, but that is how I would bet today.
    He'd have ~ $22,000,000 reasons to not worry about it no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post
    Dallas Cowboys Film Room: Evaluating Carson Wentz -- breaks down those dropped throws during Senior Bowl and shows how Carson made NFL-caliber throws that receivers dropped. Glad they posted this breakdown on their website.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2...tz-senior-bowl
    I'm not sure how much I can trust the guy in this video when the first thing he says is Carson has to learn how to play under center since most of his snaps in college were in the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by george99 View Post
    I'm not sure how much I can trust the guy in this video when the first thing he says is Carson has to learn how to play under center since most of his snaps in college were in the shotgun.
    Just watched it and thought the same thing. Some of these so called experts obviously don't do their homework.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post
    Dallas Cowboys Film Room: Evaluating Carson Wentz -- breaks down those dropped throws during Senior Bowl and shows how Carson made NFL-caliber throws that receivers dropped. Glad they posted this breakdown on their website.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2...tz-senior-bowl
    Full disclosure, I consider Jones to be a sleaze ball, so I think this kind of stuff is a smoke screen. They have so many needs I think they want to move down in the draft to collect more picks, so this is their effort to convince ever other team they will have to move up to get him or we will. Did I also disclose that I am a cynic

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Just watched it and thought the same thing. Some of these so called experts obviously don't do their homework.
    Agreed. 60% of NFL snaps are from the shotgun. I'm not sure Wentz's percentage, but that may be very close.

I did watch something where the analyst was impressed with Wentz left foot when he was under center. I believe, and this is off memory, but he puts his left foot back and more parallel to the line of scrimmage. The analyst stated a few NFL quarterbacks have adopted this to help speed up their footwork when dropping back or handing off.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Agreed. 60% of NFL snaps are from the shotgun. I'm not sure Wentz's percentage, but that may be very close.

I did watch something where the analyst was impressed with Wentz left foot when he was under center. I believe, and this is off memory, but he puts his left foot back and more parallel to the line of scrimmage. The analyst stated a few NFL quarterbacks have adopted this to help speed up their footwork when dropping back or handing off.
    They talked about the foot during the Sr Bowl
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Yes.... I'm not saying he'll probably go 1st but the possibility of it is wild. As far as hype...... He's one of the big 3 being mentioned and on a lot of boards #1 of those big 3. So unless he flops somewhere along the line, I don't think his hype will fade. At any rate, it's pretty cool.