Page 786 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 28668673677678478578678778879683688612861786 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Are the 49ers interested in him? I have not been paying attention other than Dallas
    Apparently Chip is now not interested in Kaepernick. There has always been talk that rg3 would fit perfect in Chip Kelly's offense.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

–Carson Wentz has quickly become the feature prospect of the 2016 draft class, and his rise from small school passer to potential top-five pick has happened in remarkable fashion. Aside from my own thoughts, I was told earlier this year that the Dallas Cowboys may be the primary team that his value is derived from. He’s reportedly atop their quarterback board, which has spurned his “top-10 value”, but he’s quickly emerged as the top quarterback for more than few teams.

-On Carson Wentz to the Cowboys: There’s seemingly TOO much smoke around it. There were multiple incidents at the Senior Bowl (scout whispering to Jason Garrett loudly during weigh-ins when Wentz was up, Jerry Jones personally meeting Wentz on the field, etc.) that seem a bit….obviously odd. It may be a smokescreen, it may be genuine interest, but it’s apparent to me that the Cowboys have a plan with their Wentz affection. That doesn’t mean other top-15 teams don’t like him as well.

-Final notes on Carson Wentz: He impressed NFL decision makers in Mobile, but primarily because they likely haven’t dove into his film yet. It’s easy to appreciate his velocity, tools and flashes of athleticism in a practice setting….Also, two sleeper teams for Wentz from what I’ve been told: Chicago Bears and Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://optimumscouting.com/scouts-no...much-more.html
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Apparently Chip is now not interested in Kaepernick. There has always been talk that rg3 would fit perfect in Chip Kelly's offense.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I dont really follow pro anymore but isn't chip the guy that tried to run the spread O in philly?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    –Carson Wentz has quickly become the feature prospect of the 2016 draft class, and his rise from small school passer to potential top-five pick has happened in remarkable fashion. Aside from my own thoughts, I was told earlier this year that the Dallas Cowboys may be the primary team that his value is derived from. He’s reportedly atop their quarterback board, which has spurned his “top-10 value”, but he’s quickly emerged as the top quarterback for more than few teams.

-On Carson Wentz to the Cowboys: There’s seemingly TOO much smoke around it. There were multiple incidents at the Senior Bowl (scout whispering to Jason Garrett loudly during weigh-ins when Wentz was up, Jerry Jones personally meeting Wentz on the field, etc.) that seem a bit….obviously odd. It may be a smokescreen, it may be genuine interest, but it’s apparent to me that the Cowboys have a plan with their Wentz affection. That doesn’t mean other top-15 teams don’t like him as well.

-Final notes on Carson Wentz: He impressed NFL decision makers in Mobile, but primarily because they likely haven’t dove into his film yet. It’s easy to appreciate his velocity, tools and flashes of athleticism in a practice setting….Also, two sleeper teams for Wentz from what I’ve been told: Chicago Bears and Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://optimumscouting.com/scouts-no...much-more.html
    OK the PBS are the only team I do follow and as much as I would love them to take CW he wont be there when they pick.

Also not sure I buy this....-Final notes on Carson Wentz: He impressed NFL decision makers in Mobile, but primarily because they likely haven’t dove into his film yet.

According to our own NDSU folks the prop scouts were regularly at NDSU to watch him. NO WAY scouts have not dug into the film a 1,2,or 3 round guy.

also the article you gave goes on to say this..............-The top quarterback slot isn’t locked up yet, but Jared Goff may emerge as that guy for many NFL teams after his work at the whiteboard at the NFL Scouting Combine. I was told by three separate people that he’ll emerge as the favorite to be the top quarterback taken after his work in meetings and at the whiteboard with NFL offensive coordinators, head coaches and GMs. Also, of the possible top-100 pick quarterbacks, he’s the only one without a single off-field concern as far as I’ve heard.

Maybe the writer was talking about GMs when they were talking about film. Obviously most scouts are well versed on him but for the GM's maybe that was their first real look.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Also, of the possible top-100 pick quarterbacks, he’s the only one without a single off-field concern as far as I’ve heard.
    Interesting... What are Carson's off-field concerns, I wonder???

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Interesting... What are Carson's off-field concerns, I wonder???
    I don't think there are any. The comment just shows this guy is kinda talking out his ass a bit....imo

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I dont give a fuck where he goes as long as I can wear his jersey for a long time. I dont want to explain all my friends who Carson is 1 year after buying his NFL jersey.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I don't think there are any. The comment just shows this guy is kinda talking out his ass a bit....imo
    I think a lot of these hacks just regurgitate what they have read and try and put their own slant on it for a by line and a payday. Most dont have a clue whether it be pro or con. But the ones who jump on the con bandwagon seem to be the most miss informed and use the creative license of bull shit much more.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Maybe, just maybe, he meant the broken wrist? Could that be considered off-field?

Otherwise, it must be his 4.0 GPA. Or maybe that he is just too humbly confident and grounded? Or too genuine? That $h¡t probably won't fly in the NFL. [purple, of course]