Page 782 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 28268273277278078178278378479283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    The Browns organization is horrible---25 different starting quarterbacks and 10 different coaches in 20 years.
    Obviously if Carson went to the Browns then he would of reached another goal of his. Being the first QB picked in the draft. I would be an instant Browns fan. But with their history with quarterbacks it wouldn't be the place I'd really want him to go but if anyone could change that culture of being the place where QB's go to die it would be Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    The Browns organization is horrible---25 different starting quarterbacks and 10 different coaches in 20 years.
    Stiff competition with the Bears (between McMahon & Cutler) for the "where quarterbacks go to die" award.

I'm hoping the Broncos trade their #31 pick for the Browns #2 and pick Carson.

The Broncos can throw in a boatload of round 8-12 picks to trade up.*

*Yeah, I know there are only 7 rounds now, but "The Trade" would fit in nicely with "The Drive" and "The Fumble"...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Obviously if Carson went to the Browns then he would of reached another goal of his. Being the first QB picked in the draft. I would be an instant Browns fan. But with their history with quarterbacks it wouldn't be the place I'd really want him to go but if anyone could change that culture of being the place where QB's go to die it would be Carson.
    Exactly. Big challenge for sure, but if he can do well there the upside is tremendous. He would be beloved by their fanbase in a way that Tony Romo or Eli Manning could only dream of. Heck, just the financial implications of being the #2 overall pick are pretty compelling.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I'm hoping the Broncos trade their #31 pick for the Browns #2 and pick Carson.

The Broncos can throw in a boatload of round 8-12 picks to trade up.*

*Yeah, I know there are only 7 rounds now, but "The Trade" would fit in nicely with "The Drive" and "The Fumble"...
    Using draft pick value charts, the Broncos would need to trade 2016 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks and their 2017 1st and 2018 1st to get the first overall pick. And I think that's being conservative, prolly need to throw in 2019's as well.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ith-20th-pick/

20. New York Jets: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State

Okay, this is where it gets interesting. Wentz is projected to go much higher, and the hype for him is quite real at either No. 2 to the Browns or four to the Cowboys, but I’m less inclined to hand the keys to the franchise just yet. A couple years of sitting will do Wentz well, and yes he’d have that luxury in Dallas, but there are too many good players to pass up for them at the top. Wentz was as advertised at the Senior Bowl – good size, arm strength, athleticism – and all of his positives and negatives were evident in person just as they are in the film room. He has the big arm to play in a vertical passing system, driving the ball down the field, but that will be paired with some questionable decision-making, perhaps expected for a QB with so little experience. For that reason, I’m much more likely to take a chance on his talent at this part of the draft, and the Jets are a great fit for him to sit and develop.
    Can anybody explain what other guys have that Carson doesn't? Seems as though most "experts" are saying that Cook or Goff could start now but Carson isn't ready. I realize that like anybody he would benefit with a year or two waiting, but I think Carson is just as ready if not more so than those guys.

If the Browns get CW do you think they'll dub the first time he and Andy Dalton face off as the Ginger Bowl? or vs Pitt as Big Ben vs Big Wentz or vs Bal as the FCS championship game???

Browns are officially cutting Manziel come March (salary cap reason).
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/image.php?u=1685&type=sigpic&dateline=1222838614[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Browns are officially cutting Manziel come March (salary cap reason).
    You don't think there's a little more to it than salary cap? Like Manziel being a dipshit for instance?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dallas will sign Manziel...to be a club promoter at their new Frisco complex.
    Looking good Billy Ray!