Page 737 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 23763768772773573673773873974778783712371737 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Personally I kind of agree with what they are saying about his arm. I think he has a really good NFL arm but not a great NFL arm ie Aaron Rodgers or Flacco. His arm is more than adequate for the NFL. I have often thought the great arm is overrated as most that have it struggle with accuracy. Even Elway really struggled with accuracy for a while in his career.
    It is quite likely that Wentz's functional throwing strength is still not back to 100%.
    With hand/wrist strength being a significant component of power and speed in throwing and him being immobilized for so long..........................

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    It is quite likely that Wentz's functional throwing strength is still not back to 100%.
    With hand/wrist strength being a significant component of power and speed in throwing and him being immobilized for so long..........................
    Yea blowing our his knee in the Montana game and missing the entire season probably took a little zip off of his passes.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

This is actually a really interesting article on historical key attributes of successful franchise quarterbacks. Thanks for sharing....I hadn't seen this one yet.

The right people seem to like Carson's arm.....

“Well, he’s got the prototype size,” Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said of Wentz. “He’s an athlete – he’s got some sneaky, quick, fast body mechanics and movement to go along with a really nice arm.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...he-senior-bowl
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Bruce Feldman Podcast

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2...podcast-012916

EDIT: Just want to add that this is the best breakdown I have heard yet.
    Last edited by gumby013; 01-29-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Wentz talk on PA's show at 41:30 and 1:31:30 http://www.kfan.com/media/play/26684828/

And my favorite breakdown video.

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post
    Wentz talk on PA's show at 41:30 and 1:31:30 http://www.kfan.com/media/play/26684828/
    Glad PA clarified his thoughts on Wentz, his rise has been quick and it seems he just wanted to take a step back for a second. It was interesting hearing the opinion from the agent of Marcus Williams, he said some really nice things about NDSU.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I thought it was a good article. Should have edited it before he hit submit, but other than a few spelling errors, it wasn't far off. I would have to nitpick to find problems. I wouldn't call Chad Pennington a bust. When he was healthy, he was a pro bowl QB who led his teams to the playoffs. If it weren't for injuries, his noodle arm and all, was a franchise QB albeit needing some of those other factors like a strong running game and a defense that could get the opposing offense off the field. I would also say some of the others mentioned fell into the opening day starter crap that I am praying for the team that drafts CW stays away from. I am a an absolute believer and have said it many times, first year starters are generally screwed in this game. There are too many fundamental skills a QB needs to pick up in his first year or two where being forced to be a starter and jump to big picture views right away is a career killer. You can't erase Ponder's pain and unwillingness to stand in the pocket anymore. He has perpetual scaredness. I am not saying CW can't be one of those special QBs who can start right away and find success, but the odds are against it given historical evidence. The odds are much more in favor of having long term success being behind a solid starter for a season or two and working from small to big things. Fully utilizing that redshirt year the 1st round contract gives a young man.

Overall, there was nothing really glaringly wrong with the article. I think it is generally what most scouts are gleaning from watching him play and it will come down to who has the balls to pull the trigger on draft day. With the right level of development, that team will have their QB question answered for quite a long time.