Page 736 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 23663668672673473573673773874678683612361736 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

This is my favorite article so far. Straight to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is my favorite article so far. Straight to the point.
    I don't get the questioning of arm strength by this writer or several others.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don't get the questioning of arm strength by this writer or several others.
    I'm no expert, but it seems most who are or think they are say his arm strength is average or adequate for an NFL QB. Seems some previous QB's with cannon arms have been a bust since they were missing on some of this guys other main attributes. Wentz seems to not really excel at any one point, but is more well rounded without any glaring weaknesses, which appears to be this articles main point which I agree with.

I thought I heard somewhere that Carson cut weight to help with his speed through the draft process. I'm sure he'll bulk up after the draft and get his full canon back.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm no expert, but it seems most who are or think they are say his arm strength is average or adequate for an NFL QB. Seems some previous QB's with cannon arms have been a bust since they were missing on some of this guys other main attributes. Wentz seems to not really excel at any one point, but is more well rounded without any glaring weaknesses, which appears to be this articles main point which I agree with.
    So many writers have said he throws an "effortless ball" and that he has extraordinary velocity seeming with a flick of his wrist.

I imagine if he chucked and ducked, he could probably wing it quite some distance.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Matt BowenVerified account ‏@MattBowen41 2m2 minutes ago
    Senior Bowl Top 5: WR Braxton Miller (OSU), QB Carson Wentz (ND ST), DT Sheldon Rankins (UL), LB Reggie Ragland (Bama), CB Jalen Mills (LSU)
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally I kind of agree with what they are saying about his arm. I think he has a really good NFL arm but not a great NFL arm ie Aaron Rodgers or Flacco. His arm is more than adequate for the NFL. I have often thought the great arm is overrated as most that have it struggle with accuracy. Even Elway really struggled with accuracy for a while in his career.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Personally I kind of agree with what they are saying about his arm. I think he has a really good NFL arm but not a great NFL arm ie Aaron Rodgers or Flacco. His arm is more than adequate for the NFL. I have often thought the great arm is overrated as most that have it struggle with accuracy. Even Elway really struggled with accuracy for a while in his career.
    Jeff George had a great arm. Shows what it's good for.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    I thought I heard somewhere that Carson cut weight to help with his speed through the draft process. I'm sure he'll bulk up after the draft and get his full canon back.
    Arm strength is not found in the weight room. You have it or you don't. I think Carson will show people that his arm is better than they think, he just hasn't had to yet.