Page 735 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 23563568572573373473573673774578583512351735 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    From ESPN's NFL page...

Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State

Wentz's physical tools are obvious. He's a big, strong kid with an awesome arm and good mobility. He passed the test, showing he could make all the necessary throws. What's perhaps more impressive -- or more revelatory -- is the way he carried himself. When he wasn't getting physical reps, he made a point to listen to the call in the huddle so he could still get mental reps. You can tell Wentz just loves football. Within a QB class that doesn't really have a clear-cut top guy right now, Wentz made a strong case to be the No. 1 passer off the board. (And oh by the way, he did it while being coached by the staff of the Dallas Cowboys, who pick at No. 4 overall and could be in the market to draft Tony Romo's long-term successor.) It's hard to imagine this week going much better for Wentz.

And for all NDSU, Bison Nation and for many Bison FB players to follow, while most knew that NDSU has been producing NFL-quality FB-players, this will eliminate any of the doubters that remained...Go Bison!

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Carson being drafted #1 would top it. A Bison QB being drafted #1 overall would be ridiculous.
    Agree, no sporting event that is associated with the state of ND would ever top it. This will never happen again so watch closely people. Once in a lifetime deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Last year he was pretty bad going deep, didn't get much air under the ball so receivers didn't have the opportunity to adjust at all. This year he was much better especially when it mattered most. People who bring that up must not be looking past his junior year to see how much he has improved on that since then.
    I think a couple key improvements have been he hasn't loaded up as much and he has found more rhythm with his drop back and throws. He trusts he can make the long throws without having to get absolutely everything behind the ball which was throwing his accuracy off. The other is he drops back, sets his feet, and when he throws with his hips he is deadly accurate. He has gotten more accurate on the move, as well, but he has gotten deadly accurate when he is set. He can get a lot of movement and distance on the ball with his upper body whipping action alone, but real throwing power comes with throwing with your ass. What is scary is he is still developing physically into his body and will only get better. We have watched him become more fluid right before our eyes in just the two seasons as a starter. I can't imagine where he is going to go when it becomes his profession.

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    He and other UNI pussycat fans just can't stand the fact that Carson may easily surpass their beloved Warner as the most successful QB to come out of the MVFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You know I am a huge Bison fan. I definitely give NDSU teams and players praise.......but when NDSU fans speak like this, I can see why other fan bases despise them. Take your cup of kool-aid and poor it down the drain man. I love Carson Wentz. I think he has a chance to be drafted, which would be a huge accomplishment for an FCS quarterback from North Dakota, and has a chance to make an NFL roster. I also believe he has the physical tools that might one day make him into a viable NFL starting quarterback. That is where I stop with my projections. When you say things like, easily pass Kurt Warner as the most successful quarterback to ever come out of the Missouri Valley, you really need to read what you are typing. Kurt Warner will likely one day end up in Canton Ohio. He was a two time NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 4 time pro bowl quarterback, and lead three NFL teams to the Super Bowl and is in the very small company of a handful of quarterbacks to ever lead two NFL franchises to the Super Bowl.

Easily pass Kurt Warner as the most successful quarterback to ever come out of the Missouri Valley? No. It would be extremely, extremely hard to ever pass Kurt Warner as the most successful quarterback to ever come out of the Missouri Valley. Hell, it would be extremely, extremely difficult for any quarterback, regardless of what school they played for, to even sniff the success Kurt Warner had in his playing career.

Come on man.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Great post. I shake my head when I read what some fans project what Carson will be in the NFL. I'm on board that if he even gets drafted that it alone will be one hell of an accomplishment for a guy who will have been a starting QB for a total of 3 and a half seasons in high school and college combined. Let's just let this next season play out and go from there. That is all Carson is focused on and rightfully so. I will admit though it is pretty cool the attention he is getting but I'm not drinking that kool-aid right now, rather a sip here and there.

Gee......................do I feel foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think a couple key improvements have been he hasn't loaded up as much and he has found more rhythm with his drop back and throws. He trusts he can make the long throws without having to get absolutely everything behind the ball which was throwing his accuracy off. The other is he drops back, sets his feet, and when he throws with his hips he is deadly accurate. He has gotten more accurate on the move, as well, but he has gotten deadly accurate when he is set. He can get a lot of movement and distance on the ball with his upper body whipping action alone, but real throwing power comes with throwing with your ass. What is scary is he is still developing physically into his body and will only get better. We have watched him become more fluid right before our eyes in just the two seasons as a starter. I can't imagine where he is going to go when it becomes his profession.
    Carson has shown that he can rise to challenges - the higher the bar is set, the harder he works to reach it. With his charming personality, leadership ability, and work ethic, those around him (and outsiders like Gus Bradley) will do what they can to help him.

His agent must be on cloud nine.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wentz getting his first(?) mention on Deadspin http://deadspin.com/hue-jackson-is-g...der-1755909628

On most articles the comment section is usually gold and they do not disappoint here.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!