Page 734 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 23463468472473273373473573674478483412341734 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@MikeMayock says Carson Wentz has good of an athlete as Cam Newton and Andrew Luck
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I hate the Cowboys but I can't think of another scenario that is more perfect for CW.
    Same here. I'm really in favor of any place where he would get to go and sit behind a legit NFL QB for 1, 2 even 3 years before taking over. Cowboys, San Diego, Chicago, Pittsburg, Arizona, Green Bay . He'll take alot of lumps if he's got to start right away and Cleveland scares the hell out of me. It's where QB careers go to die.

I do think if he falls past 4, he's going to fall into the late teens before being picked up but it looks like he's going to be a lock for the 1st round which is pretty damn cool.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Tell ya what, I'm glad he's embracing the salesman approach with this week. He deserves to be a little cocky.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    More than one commentator/analyst has mentioned that CW overthrew a lot of down field receivers during his Bison career.

I have watched just about every game. It seems to me he hit a lot of down field passes especially when it mattered. Is CW really a terrible down field passer?
    It's pretty clear to me that these quotes come from people who don't realize that they watched mostly his junior film when he over threw his deep routs a lot. There's just not as much film from this year when he started to put a little better touch on the deep balls so it probably makes it look like a problem to some of these experts who lack reasoning skills.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Same here. I'm really in favor of any place where he would get to go and sit behind a legit NFL QB for 1, 2 even 3 years before taking over. Cowboys, San Diego, Chicago, Pittsburg, Arizona, Green Bay . He'll take alot of lumps if he's got to start right away and Cleveland scares the hell out of me. It's where QB careers go to die.

I do think if he falls past 4, he's going to fall into the late teens before being picked up but it looks like he's going to be a lock for the 1st round which is pretty damn cool.
    I am not as scared about Cleveland as I would be say a year ago unless they expect him to play right away. I think they are moving in the right direction. I also think if they want an opening day starter, the Browns might go safer with a pick like Goff. I have to think the consensus has to be Wentz has a higher ceiling but would gain more playing behind someone for a year or two. Cleveland needs someone yesterday to step in and perform.

I agree he is going in the first round no matter what which will pretty much guarantee a shot at some point. That is pretty cool no matter what way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that these quotes come from people who don't realize that they watched mostly his junior film when he over threw his deep routs a lot. There's just not as much film from this year when he started to put a little better touch on the deep balls so it probably makes it look like a problem to some of these experts who lack reasoning skills.
    My thoughts exactly. Last year he was pretty bad going deep, didn't get much air under the ball so receivers didn't have the opportunity to adjust at all. This year he was much better especially when it mattered most. People who bring that up must not be looking past his junior year to see how much he has improved on that since then.

From ESPN's NFL page...

Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State

Wentz's physical tools are obvious. He's a big, strong kid with an awesome arm and good mobility. He passed the test, showing he could make all the necessary throws. What's perhaps more impressive -- or more revelatory -- is the way he carried himself. When he wasn't getting physical reps, he made a point to listen to the call in the huddle so he could still get mental reps. You can tell Wentz just loves football. Within a QB class that doesn't really have a clear-cut top guy right now, Wentz made a strong case to be the No. 1 passer off the board. (And oh by the way, he did it while being coached by the staff of the Dallas Cowboys, who pick at No. 4 overall and could be in the market to draft Tony Romo's long-term successor.) It's hard to imagine this week going much better for Wentz.