Page 718 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 21861866870871671771871972072876881812181718 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Looking good Billy Ray!

People really think highly of the quality of Carson's character. Johnny FFootball has done nothing but raise Carson's stock.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One pill that will be hard to swallow for a lot of NFL fans, not so much the scouts and coaches is, Wentz played for a juggernaut who had won 3 championships with a QB he couldn't (not the best word, but that's the word that will be used) beat out who put up similar numbers and lasted only days in NFL camps. Then he gets hurt, and the back up QB comes in puts up similar numbers and goes 8-0.

I can say, from a 1000 miles away I can see how that may scare a fan. I don't think it's a concern in my eyes, just saying something that will get brought up extensively.

When is starting QB named, or is that not a big deal and perhaps a draw from hat?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    When is starting QB named, or is that not a big deal and perhaps a draw from hat?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Not sure; captains will be elected by the players later today. I hope Carson is one of them...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    We have a good-looking helmet.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This week has been nothing but positivity on this guy. I post on a totally unrelated forum and in the sports section I swear almost every fan of a team with a QB need in the future wants Wentz to be drafted by their team.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    One pill that will be hard to swallow for a lot of NFL fans, not so much the scouts and coaches is, Wentz played for a juggernaut who had won 3 championships with a QB he couldn't (not the best word, but that's the word that will be used) beat out who put up similar numbers and lasted only days in NFL camps. Then he gets hurt, and the back up QB comes in puts up similar numbers and goes 8-0.

I can say, from a 1000 miles away I can see how that may scare a fan. I don't think it's a concern in my eyes, just saying something that will get brought up extensively.
    I don't think a lot of weight is put on that. So do players from Alabama get downgraded because their program succeeds every year? Carson's abilities will be judged by his abilities alone. The fact that he was part of a program that won 5 straight titles is a cherry on top.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I don't think a lot of weight is put on that. So do players from Alabama get downgraded because their program succeeds every year? Carson's abilities will be judged by his abilities alone. The fact that he was part of a program that won 5 straight titles is a cherry on top.
    My point is FANS will use this argument against him. Not NFL scouts and coaches.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    We have a good-looking helmet.
    Yep. It really stands apart even in a scrum of various helmets. That green and yellow combo in very uncommon