Page 636 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663463563663763864668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He was a great linebacker but wasn't the greatest linebacker ever as some made him out to be.

Joe Mays
    Ramon Humber
    Travis Beck
    Carleton Littlejohn
    Nick DeLuca

All better NDSU linebackers in my opinion during the D1 era. Again, he was a great linebacker, just not the GOAT that you guys made him out to be.
    At least stick with the same position if you are going to compare. Beck never played middle. Carlton did well filling in and was obviously faster but he didn't stop traffic and shed blockers near as well as Olson. In a game like Wofford or even UNI I would want Olson in the middle and it's not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yellow without question.
    Wentz with yellow, Haeg with green just to confuse the shit out of people.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    At least stick with the same position if you are going to compare. Beck never played middle. Carlton did well filling in and was obviously faster but he didn't stop traffic and shed blockers near as well as Olson. In a game like Wofford or even UNI I would want Olson in the middle and it's not even close
    Ya well he did just fine against Terrance West who played in the NFL.

I guess if you had to go middle linebacker, and don't think CLJ was better, he would be the third best in the D1 era behind Joe Mays and Nick DeLuca.

I guess if you had to go middle linebacker, and don't think CLJ was better, he would be the third best in the D1 era behind Joe Mays and Nick DeLuca.
    Each one of those LB's brings something to the table that they did better than the other. Mays - Physicality Olson - Smartest/Mental game CLJ - Athleticism DeLuca - I would say the best combination of all of them.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So I guess the results would have been different if CW started instead of BJ?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Of course, we would have gone undefeated and won the national championship!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are plays vs Towson where he got manhandled like a db. Compare that to plays vs Kstate where Olson stacked up a blocker and still made the tackle. LJ wasn't a natural MLB, Grant was. Now back to regular scheduled programming

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Look I get it. NDSU won championships. Doesn't mean Wentz wasn't better and should have started.

Maybe I'm just bitter knowing NDSU had their most talented football player of all time riding the bench for 2 years when he should not have been. We missed out as a fan base.

Winningest QB in the history of the FCS. I'd say Brock was pretty good. This whole argument is pretty dumb. Step back and look at we are arguing about. It's like going to the Playboy mansion; then waking up the next morning wondering if you hooked up with the hottest bunny.
    #NDSUprobems
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Look I get it. NDSU won championships. Doesn't mean Wentz wasn't better and should have started.

Maybe I'm just bitter knowing NDSU has their most talented football player of all time riding the bench for 2 years when he should not have been.
    Imo he was more talented, not better. But I get what you are saying. It is crazy to think that a potential NFL 1st rounder and hopefully future pro bowler was on an FCS bench for half his college career. Just bad luck of having the all time winningest QB ahead of you.