Page 601 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159960060160260361165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Is Cleveland really going to be dumb enough to take one of these QBs at #2?

Am I crazy for thinking that the teams with QB needs are going to be looking to trade back and accumulate picks and that all of these guys could go later than some of these mocks are showing now?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I watch Lynch play in his bowl game. Considering the Browns just went after Manziel and his PR nightmare.....and Lynch's coach has said he needs to grow up....I would hope the Browns would pass. He was awful in the bowl game. He is really tall, has a big arm...that is about it. Lacks accuracy, and is immature. In the bowl game, he had something keeping all of his long hair back with a mustache...trying to be the funny guy. I honestly feel that Carson will just crush the one on one stuff with GM's not to mention the combine/throwing.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Jerry Jones doesn't really run the Cowboys anymore. It's his son.

I'd be shocked if Manziel goes there.
    heh, just saw Adam Schefter say the most obvious landing spot for Manziel is Dallas.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    heh, just saw Adam Schefter say the most obvious landing spot for Manziel is Dallas.
    As a club promoter.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    *WankingMotion*

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I watch Lynch play in his bowl game. Considering the Browns just went after Manziel and his PR nightmare.....and Lynch's coach has said he needs to grow up....I would hope the Browns would pass. He was awful in the bowl game. He is really tall, has a big arm...that is about it. Lacks accuracy, and is immature. In the bowl game, he had something keeping all of his long hair back with a mustache...trying to be the funny guy. I honestly feel that Carson will just crush the one on one stuff with GM's not to mention the combine/throwing.
    J, I too believe Wentz will crush it the interview process. Some GM is going to have a man crush on Wentz and he will go in the first round.

I am not as enamored with Goff either but I didn't see much of him this year. Unfortunately I saw most of his 5 int game which was terrible.

A few years back a lowly Senior was projected as a 4th round pick after the season ended and he interviewed great and moved all the way up to the first round. His name was Christian Ponder . Must have been a man crush to pick him that high.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    J, I too believe Wentz will crush it the interview process. Some GM is going to have a man crush on Wentz and he will go in the first round.
    I remember Winston on draft academy last year practicing the interview process and thinking, man this kid is not very bright. Then you look at Carson. A 4.0 student, from a great family, strong faith, and North Dakota work ethic. I agree, GM's are going to be impressed with Carson before they even see him throw a pass.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Given that Carson is a 4.0 student, one would think he will crush the wonderlic exam.

Personally, I don't think he even needs to play in the senior bowl. His stock is already high. He just needs a good combine it pro day to lock himself as a 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Given that Carson is a 4.0 student, one would think he will crush the wonderlic exam.

Personally, I don't think he even needs to play in the senior bowl. His stock is already high. He just needs a good combine it pro day to lock himself as a 1st rounder.
    The practices that all the scouts see all week are much more valuable then the game itself. Pro day at NDSU is going to be crazy!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is Cleveland really going to be dumb enough to take one of these QBs at #2?

Am I crazy for thinking that the teams with QB needs are going to be looking to trade back and accumulate picks and that all of these guys could go later than some of these mocks are showing now?
    Cleveland could try and grab some extra picks and move back, which would make sense if you don't see a QB you love above the rest (Wentz, Lynch, Goff). And if they can stay ahead of SF they might still get the pick of the litter, but teams might jump up if they have a guy they love. Now if they dropped back far enough they got behind SF, StL(Now LA), and PHI all three could be gone. And the Texans/Bills/Jets may be interested in jumping up if they guy they want is still there.

Honestly if I'm Cleveland if I love one guy I sit still and take him or drop no further back then 4ish. If I'm comfortable with any of the three drop back to the 10-14 range and take the best available there.