Page 51 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I think Urzendowski will turn into a real player maker in the slot. He seems to have a good feel for the open spot and has went across the middle quiet of bit. I still don't know who will be out jet sweep threat. Darius Anderson has ran it a couple times. We still haven't heard much from Tyler Wrice. I would rather keep Dudzik on defense than expose him to more pounding on offense. Eric Perkins fits the mold, but we have yet to see him run the play. We have to remember Ryan was a former RB, so it was natural for him to run those sweep plays and get into the open field.
    It'll be interesting to see how much they use Dudzik in the return game as well as potentially on offense for a wrinkle or a decoy as we get deeper into the season. He's so dynamic you want to make the opponent have to account for him but it's a 16 game grind to our goal and health is also a huge concern.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Anyway, to get my thoughts a bit more back on topic , my point in all this is that once we are able to stretch the field in all directions better and more consistently, I believe Wentz will look even better than he does now....and, in my opinion, he looks plenty good enough NOW to lead us back to the promised land!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As much success we have had running the ball, I would expect to see more man coverage and 9 guys in the box. I would say we will start stretching the field a bit more as the year goes on. Wentz's arm strength, athleticism, and height should make him an excellent play action quarterback.

As much success we have had running the ball, I would expect to see more man coverage and 9 guys in the box. I would say we will start stretching the field a bit more as the year goes on. Wentz's arm strength, athleticism, and height should make him an excellent play action quarterback.
    Got to think things open up starting with Western Illinois next Saturday. Love to see them go deep a handful of times and see what happens.

Puck nut or whoever....was Carson crazy about punt, pass and kick when he was little? Was it obvious early how hard he could throw? How far do you think he can throw now?

I also think Coach P is playing a bit of a game in his play calling (hiding what we can do by being conservative). I think when we open up the O you will see what CW can do. I would suspect that will be during conference play.

Last edited by MAKBison; 09-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Puck nut or whoever....was Carson crazy about punt, pass and kick when he was little? Was it obvious early how hard he could throw? How far do you think he can throw now?
    Never got into those. Did it once and didn't fare well. Carson was a bit of a late bloomer. Sophomore year in high school is when we could start seeing his talent was going to be above average.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I also think Coach P is paying a bit of a game in his play calling (hiding what we can do by being conservative). I think when we open up the O you will see what CW can do. I would suspect that will be during conference play.
    I think it happens this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    I think it happens this Saturday.
    I don't think we will see too much though.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I don't think we will see too much though.
    I wouldn't expect much at any point...would have already seen in vs Iowa State most likely.