Page 502 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 240245249250050150250350451255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    Serious question...what do you think Klieman thinks of Polasek?
    I think CK is too nice of guy and that may come back to bite him in the coaching world. Or else he just plays the nice guy card well in public. I'm pretty confident in saying that other DC's for other teams are not concerned about TP.! They are, however, concerned about our players, which they can do nothing about other than hope their players can hang. Therein is the burn, not TP's play calling.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I do not understand why some seem to think that TP is the ultimate decision maker---I know that he is calling the plays, but it seems to fit with what the head coach wants. Both losses were a combination of factors--like 434 yards passing by Montana.
    Coach K is the master of accepting responsibility for mistakes in the program and is very consistent. Every week he is talking about situations where he tells TP he wants a certain outcome of a series and says he is accountable for the failures with the way he pushes for specific results. I am starting to think TP is the more conservative one of the two on the offensive side and Coach K is pushing for more dynamic plays all the time. This is their second year together and both in their second year in their present positions. With Klieman only head coaching for one year before at D3 before taking a position at UNI where he wanted to be. I don't know if TP is trying to build his resume when I am sure both him and Klieman would admit their career is currently still in development mode. I think you are spot on that TP is calling plays to fit what Coach K wants and the way Coach K talks, it isn't always the way TP wants to go. Yet, consistently Coach K praises his assistants when things go well. I like his leadership style and while I do think TP is given a lot of freedom to do his job, but it is very apparent TP doesn't have final say. I also think in the end if a game plan was to go completely awry, Coach K will readily admit he pushed for a certain strategy and his assistants complied.

On a side note, there are a lot of head coaches out there who would blame the assistants for things that go wrong. They probably won't go so far to say they went rogue, but will suggest they made decisions not congruent with where the head coach wanted to go. Coach K got to learn from a couple of different styles. Farley who takes all the credit and disavows having a staff and Bohl who was a staff manager and let his staff run the show while he ran the staff. Coach K falls in-between where he has built a staff he lets do their job but deflects criticism away from them so he takes all the heat but will give them all the credit because he understands their value.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Don't capitulate just because most here disagree. I'm in your camp big time. We win inspite of/despite CP. he needs to quit being cute in his play calling. Cute = stupid really!!

Sent from my iPhone.
    What did we say at tailgating, Stick is not Wentz don't make him play his style. Stick is an outside the pocket QB (most of the time). We are built for power offense (most of the time). I can't argue the fact that NDSU is undefeated with Stick at the helm, or the fact that the team as a whole has stepped up their game. I enjoy the benefit of being able to look back and give my opinion after the fact. The offense for sure can be doing some things different in the play call department. Maybe the coaches see something in practice that gets lost at game time, maybe nerves of the players get the better of them a little. Stick might be hitting 90% of his passes in practice and choke some in the game. So yes I would like to see the offense do some things different, but we are winning and I am happy with that more than I would want to see my plays called.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

I think CK is too nice of guy and that may come back to bite him in the coaching world. Or else he just plays the nice guy card well in public. I'm pretty confident in saying that other DC's for other teams are not concerned about TP.! They are, however, concerned about our players, which they can do nothing about other than hope their players can hang. Therein is the burn, not TP's play calling.

Sent from my iPhone.
    I think CK's coaching persona is different than his public persona. I don't think you work under Farley or Bohl without being result driven and privately holding people accountable including subordinate staff. As an assistant, he created the best defenses at every level he coached. At worst, he is a teacher with very high standards those under him don't want to disappoint. I think we will see in the long run, he is 100% bought into the Bison way of doing business with a little bit of his flair, a coaching staff that will be religiously loyal to him and will only take the next opportunities with his blessing, and is willing to teach football to young men in the context of how it will improve their life. Some of the more short term results will be how guys like Board find a way to fit into the program because I think he is a project for a lot of different reasons. I think we are seeing this season how Coach K has gotten back into the business of working with the defense more but there will come a point where Entz will be given full reign. Even if he is a nice guy, he leads by example and people will either follow or get out of the way. The couple of things that seem to resonate is that the program is tough. There is nothing easy about being a Bison football player. The other is the players love playing for him. I think that says a lot about a man who demands a lot from people and they want to meet those demands without a second thought. Those that don't, leave.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The weird part about his play calling is that polasek would get way more credit for sophisticated pro set than this stuff that is being run all over the country. Look at Stanford's coach as he is considered an offensive genius. By the way I love their play calling if u haven't guessed it by now.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    What did we say at tailgating, Stick is not Wentz don't make him play his style. Stick is an outside the pocket QB (most of the time). We are built for power offense (most of the time). I can't argue the fact that NDSU is undefeated with Stick at the helm, or the fact that the team as a whole has stepped up their game. I enjoy the benefit of being able to look back and give my opinion after the fact. The offense for sure can be doing some things different in the play call department. Maybe the coaches see something in practice that gets lost at game time, maybe nerves of the players get the better of them a little. Stick might be hitting 90% of his passes in practice and choke some in the game. So yes I would like to see the offense do some things different, but we are winning and I am happy with that more than I would want to see my plays called.
    He is 20/30 in the playoffs. While I do want Wentz to play if he is 100% and he can shake off the rust quickly, Stick is playing good football. He is doing everything they are asking of him. He has only been asked to throw the ball around 35 times figuring in some sacks in there and has completed 20 of them. There were also some dropped passes in the mix. Even with a small number of attempts, that is pretty solid. If he was 20/60, I would be concerned he wasn't closing the deal on plays. He did what he was supposed to against Montana. Keep handing off and don't turn over the ball. He did what he was supposed to do against UNI. Keep handing off and don't turn over the ball. He didn't cause a bad snap to Morlock resulting in a 3rd and forever, for example. Most importantly, Stick is not making mistakes. A rFR asked to take over a championship contending team midseason who can't lose anymore games so we can get a decent seed and go until the starter comes back or doesn't and he has been nailing it. So while I don't have a problem with most of what you are saying, I do with saying Stick is choking in the game. From my perspective, he has been one of the most consistent, solid factors of the season.

So I was looking at the offensive stats from this season and breaking it down showing before Carson's injury and after Carson's injury concentrating mostly on the run game.

Before Injury (4-2)

31.7ppg

256 att
    976 yds rushing
    9 TD
    3.8 ypc

2571 total yds
    428.5 ypg
    265.8 passing
    162.6 rushing

After Injury (7-0)

37.7ppg

353 att
    1970 yds rushing
    19 TD
    5.6 ypc

2978 total yds
    425.4 ypg
    144 passing
    281.4 rushing

After looking at this it's amazing how blessed with talent the Bison are.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    This here. Roberson ripped up Richmond in the short passing game on Friday. ES or CW can do the same thing to Richmond.

IMO, this is a great matchup for the Bison!!
    It would be nice to get BA some passes in space on some short routes...
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Klieman does what head coaches should do, take complete responsibility in public for every aspect of the program, no matter what. He doesn't put anything on the assistant coaches, or the players. He puts it all on himself.

In private, I think he's different. What did he say in the Monday presser after the first Montana game? "I think Tim wishes he would've run the ball one more time." I hear that and I think they watched the tape, processed the entire game situation, and Klieman couldn't believe they didn't run the ball. No use getting mad about it during the game, but I think he made TP wish he would've run it. I also think he gives TP quite a bit of control over what gets called.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Well maybe he should skip the Senior Bowl too then ! He wouldn't want too miss that million dollar payday !
    If there is any player out there who will trade playing time for a future paycheck elsewhere, I don't want him on the roster - just leave now.*

*I hope you will never find a player at NDSU who will disagree
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB