Page 5 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    I've seen you in action at those watch parties. I'm guessing its 50-50 that you were talking to a person vs talking to a ceiling fan. 30-70 if this supposed conversation took place in the 2nd half.
    Lets be real here.....the bar needs to be 50-50 that he was awake in the first place by then.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

basketball shoes in the weight room....sweet

I have always known that Wentz is a much better QB than Jenson. He is a 4.0 GPA student who literally had to come into spring camp and teach his offensive line new strategies. This kid is big, strong, fast and smart. He is going to blow people away with his leadership and skills. Yes, he needs a little confidence, but when he doesn't feel confident, he will transfer that to his feet and carry the ball for a 3rd down conversion. He will do it stronger and faster than Brock ever could. Wait till Iowa.
    Rynomite

Getting way to obsessed with Bison Football since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynomite View Post
    I have always known that Wentz is a much better QB than Jenson. He is a 4.0 GPA student who literally had to come into spring camp and teach his offensive line new strategies. This kid is big, strong, fast and smart. He is going to blow people away with his leadership and skills. Yes, he needs a little confidence, but when he doesn't feel confident, he will transfer that to his feet and carry the ball for a 3rd down conversion. He will do it stronger and faster than Brock ever could. Wait till Iowa.

I have faith in our coaching staff to put the best player on the field. I have faith that Wentz is the guy. I'm from Missouri, though. He's got to show me.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'm pretty darned excited to see the playbook open up now, I'm guessing with ol Brock Wilson there were some long plays left on the table or not followed through due to his abilities. Not to take anything away, he did an excellent job at his game which fits the Bison well, just want to see #chuckthepigskin.

Although I am trying to be cautiously optimistic I am having a hard time not being totally excited for Wentz to be under center this year!

I really hope he starts the season off full of confidence. I think that is going to be the key. If he goes out there doing what he knows he can do, we are going to be only that much more unstoppable. But if he doubts himself or isn't sure, I think its going to be exploited and used against us. He can throw, and I really hope that is what he does from the start; throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynomite View Post
    Wentz will lose his starting spot as soon as Easton Stick burns his redshirt. Now THAT kid can play.

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    Realistically what are his expectations for the season. I keep hearing how he could of been a starter on almost any FCS team in the nation the last 2 seasons. He definitely has the size and arm but does he have it between the ears? Being named one of the captains says the team trusts him. Thoughts?
    Shiiiiit...he would be about the 4th best QB in the BigSky...and that's if he even lives up to your hype....lets maybe let him start a season first fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Wentz will lose his starting spot as soon as Easton Stick burns his redshirt. Now THAT kid can play.
    Wentz hasn't taken a snap yet as the full time starter and we're already talking about "the most popular guy on any football team"? Please.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie