Page 49 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159991495491049 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Doesn't seem to me that our passing game has been as good as last year.

Not blaming anyone--just an observation.

Maybe it's just that our offense isn't nearly as fine-tuned as last year and I have too high of expectations because I am comparing this year to last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have to remember that last years team was a freak of the FCS. A truly legitimate top 25 program in all of college football. We may never see a team like that at SU ever again. But then again......................

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe it's just that our offense isn't nearly as fine-tuned as last year and I have too high of expectations because I am comparing this year to last year.

So far not really even close. Brock was on fire last year. It's easy to forget though how non amazing many of Brock's games were passing wise in previous seasons. Honestly 2013 is his only year where i would look at his highlights and conclude that he is a deadly passer. Considering how inexperienced Wentz is I'm fairly happy with a number of things I have seen from him

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    We have to remember that last years team was a freak of the FCS. A truly legitimate top 25 program in all of college football. We may never see a team like that at SU ever again. But then again......................
    True--but we can have expectations ...

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I remember when they were saying that about the Walker teams.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Didnt they get a vote also? Then of course you had the moe moes saying we were going to get an invite to a bowl game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I blame Ryan Smith for graduating. He was a HUGE part of the passing game and moved the chains many, many times.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Hence the "then again.............."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I blame Ryan Smith for graduating. He was a HUGE part of the passing game and moved the chains many, many times.
    Yes, you are correct!! That sumbitch!!

Actually, was just thinking today that we are missing the passing options he gave us.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Ha! That's great!

Ryan could have been here this year yet...would have been pretty sweet. Urzendowski or Gebhart will start filling in nicely. We aren't to where Brock was but didn't slip back very far. We must remember 4 to 5 years ago when our defense on the field almost guaranteed the win whereas the offense might be a pick 6.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    So far not really even close. Brock was on fire last year. It's easy to forget though how non amazing many of Brock's games were passing wise in previous seasons. Honestly 2013 is his only year where i would look at his highlights and conclude that he is a deadly passer. Considering how inexperienced Wentz is I'm fairly happy with a number of things I have seen from him
    I think u guys r totally blowing this Jensen vs wentz thing totally out of proportion. Yes Jensen was great last year but he still struggled at times. If you match up game four last year and game five which were against sdsu and uni jensens numbers sucked. In game four of last year Equivalent to the Montana game this year Jensen was 10-20 with an Int and only 109 yards. He followed that fabulous game with UNI where he went a whopping 13-24 for 99 yards. If you look at the first five games of last year most likely Wentz will eclipse Brock in stats after this next game, although stats are not everything.

In my opinion Wentz has looked better than the 2012 Jensen and almost equivalent with 2013 Jensen. Wentz is dealing with an inexperienced line. One thing that really sticks out to me is that Wentz uses the middle of the field whereas Jensen tended to love the out pattern. The middle should be open on play action passes and that always drove me nuts with Brock.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.