Page 41 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    did anyone else feel that during the weber game they were trying to see if wentz could beat a team straight up with his arm?
    Good point. I feel the same. They weren't going to do this against ISU, but against Weber they could run this "stress test" and see what happens. Early in the year they need to be putting the young guys in situations on purpose and I think we are seeing this so far this year. The OL against ISU, Wentz's arm and decision making against Weber...tomorrow it'll be another round of tests and I think it'll be on the WRs and Wentz again. Montana will shift to the OL and RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Good point. I feel the same. They weren't going to do this against ISU, but against Weber they could run this "stress test" and see what happens. Early in the year they need to be putting the young guys in situations on purpose and I think we are seeing this so far this year. The OL against ISU, Wentz's arm and decision making against Weber...tomorrow it'll be another round of tests and I think it'll be on the WRs and Wentz again. Montana will shift to the OL and RBs.
    Not dissing on you, but they are not doing this. It's just not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not dissing on you, but they are not doing this. It's just not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you know? I like hearing this type of response from guys that played (not just for Velva like me) in college at a place like NDSU. If they were doing what I typed...what would we see? Likewise, since they aren't in your opinion, what are you seeing that makes you type this? Keep in mind that I would literally pay money to be a fly on the wall as the coaches break down film, grade out players, wash jock straps with runtheoption and whatnot.

Pretty sure we go into every game with the same mindset. Establish the run, play action off of it. Worked to perfection against ISU because we were just more physical at the line then they were. Give Weber credit, they matched our physicallity early in the game and kept our run game in check. Hence the play action didn't work as well. We were still able to wear them down in the second half and control the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Give Weber credit, they matched our physicallity early in the game and kept our run game in check.
    Weber's D Tackles were playing quite well. When a team does beat us I think it will be because of 1 of 2 reasons. 1) we turn the ball with catastrophic consequences (they score off them). 2) The team has kick ass D tackles that lives in our back field, that is what I think it is going to take to beat us.

Wentz has a cannon. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    I agree. One he improves his accuracy and decision making (ie Weber State) he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    And condoms help prevent pregnancy.

Per today's newspaper, Wentz thought the O was sluggish during the Weber game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Weber's D Tackles were playing quite well. When a team does beat us I think it will be because of 1 of 2 reasons. 1) we turn the ball with catastrophic consequences (they score off them). 2) The team has kick ass D tackles that lives in our back field, that is what I think it is going to take to beat us.

This here.

If the Bison cannot establish its inside running game then another team has a chance of beating the Bison.