Page 2581 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 15812081248125312571257925802581258225832591 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,810 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Personally I don't find crying about being handed the job or else very endearing, especially when you've played like complete shit all year. Not the best look imo to have this be the message less than two weeks after losing your starting job based on your lack of productivity.

Aaaaand I am sure I will get ripped to shreds for this take.
    Except the only evidence of that is an unnamed source - and the sources out of Philly going after Wentz haven't been very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Except the only evidence of that is an unnamed source - and the sources out of Philly going after Wentz haven't been very accurate.
    Philly sports media is a dog eat dog world and truth matters little. More people wanting a scape goat and I again say give them Wentz if that's what they want. Long term it's probably the best thing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Ok sure I can understand that and reserve some judgement. And Philly didn't give him anything to succeed with but this isn't the first report of Wentz seeming to be a bit of a prima donna. IMO where there is smoke there is fire.

Ok sure I can understand that and reserve some judgement. And Philly didn't give him anything to succeed with but this isn't the first report of Wentz seeming to be a bit of a prima donna. IMO where there is smoke there is fire.
    The story that I found hard to believe is that he had bad practicing habits a few weeks ago. Does anyone truly believe that Wentz wasn't putting in the work this season? It's possible but I find it highly unlikely and completely against the character he's demonstrated his entire college and professional career.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Philly sports media is a dog eat dog world and truth matters little. More people wanting a scape goat and I again say give them Wentz if that's what they want. Long term it's probably the best thing for him.
    Carson has always wanted to be like Jesus, now he'll have his chance...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The story that I found hard to believe is that he had bad practicing habits a few weeks ago. Does anyone truly believe that Wentz wasn't putting in the work this season? It's possible but I find it highly unlikely and completely against the character he's demonstrated his entire college and professional career.
    Baby at home. My habits changed with kids as well.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Baby at home. My habits changed with kids as well.
    Maybe... buy you and I aren't pulling in the millions Carson does. That keeps the wife at home and can pay for quite a bit of help. In any case if that's the explanation, it makes him all the more human to me and still doesn't explain why Jason Peters was a 300lb turnstile in pass pro.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Which has been 1 person in that locker room. Coincidence that this comes out when, ahem, Alshon Jeffery returned and days after he caught his first touchdown in seemingly decades?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Perhaps it doesn't take EVERYBODY to conspire against him for things to go to shit. Like most things and most times, there's most likely truth and bent truth to much of the criticism. CW is human and not immune to imperfection. I want nothing more than for him to succeed wherever he is, including Philly - a team I've never had love for. But you guys want to find conspiracies against him in all directions...and totally pick apart a guy with very little experience that is frankly balling up right now to the best of his abilities. If CW wasn't our guy, most people here would really appreciate Hurts' story.

My hope is for either JH to keep shining so that another team pays bank to the Eagles and they can parlay that into some OLine help or for Carson to go to another team. Either way, having CW fighting his way back to the top would be a great story.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Perhaps it doesn't take EVERYBODY to conspire against him for things to go to shit. Like most things and most times, there's most likely truth and bent truth to much of the criticism. CW is human and not immune to imperfection. I want nothing more than for him to succeed wherever he is, including Philly - a team I've never had love for. But you guys want to find conspiracies against him in all directions...and totally pick apart a guy with very little experience that is frankly balling up right now to the best of his abilities. If CW wasn't our guy, most people here would really appreciate Hurts' story.

My hope is for either JH to keep shining so that another team pays bank to the Eagles and they can parlay that into some OLine help or for Carson to go to another team. Either way, having CW fighting his way back to the top would be a great story.
    I don't think there is any great conspiracy. Philly has just mismanaged their roster for years and it has placed Wentz in a difficult situation to succeed. He's made his share of mistakes and again it may be my Bison colored glasses but I don't think he's the root cause and remains a top level NFL QB. The situation now in Philly is just so bad with their coaching and management looking to protect their jobs and the Philly media doing what they do, as someone who care more about Wentz's career than the Eagles organization, I hope Wentz can escape to a better situation some place else. It's all just NFL business.

Also Jason Peters can't pass block.