Page 2565 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 15652065246525152555256325642565256625672575 ... LastLast
Results 25,641 to 25,650 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah good nfl qbs don't even have 3rd downs because they do so good on first and second downs.
    That must be why the call 2nd down the Money Down.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Everybody's an analyst and has all these fricking ratings(now an ELO QB rating? Seriously WTF is that??) that who knows how they come up with them. They just love to keep pounding the negatives, it sells and produces clicks I guess.

Philly had a good team in 2017, they had a solid oline, run game, WR's and defense. They have been declining in every one of those areas since then. They also had a pretty good OC in Frank Reich who went to Indy. I think he had a lot to do with that offense in 2017. When he left Doug promoted Mike Groh who was fired by his own father as an OC. Then they put this conglomerate of offensive "geniuses" that have never done much elsewhere in charge of the offense with no clear OC and it's proven to be a complete mess. They can't even come up with a handful of different plays for Hurts FFS. Howie has done such an incredibly poor job of adding talent and horrible contracts that there's not much there to work with now or going forward and the coaching staff has proven they can't develop or improve what little they are given. Doug's play calling and philosophy is atrocious. He refuses to run the ball, let Hurts play more then a snap or 2, going for it on every damn 4th down, he's out of his mind. The owner needs to blow it up starting with the GM.
    I'll never understand why owners and GMs won't give raises to superior coordinators to keep them around.

Everybody's an analyst and has all these fricking ratings(now an ELO QB rating? Seriously WTF is that??) that who knows how they come up with them. They just love to keep pounding the negatives, it sells and produces clicks I guess.

Philly had a good team in 2017, they had a solid oline, run game, WR's and defense. They have been declining in every one of those areas since then. They also had a pretty good OC in Frank Reich who went to Indy. I think he had a lot to do with that offense in 2017. When he left Doug promoted Mike Groh who was fired by his own father as an OC. Then they put this conglomerate of offensive "geniuses" that have never done much elsewhere in charge of the offense with no clear OC and it's proven to be a complete mess. They can't even come up with a handful of different plays for Hurts FFS. Howie has done such an incredibly poor job of adding talent and horrible contracts that there's not much there to work with now or going forward and the coaching staff has proven they can't develop or improve what little they are given. Doug's play calling and philosophy is atrocious. He refuses to run the ball, let Hurts play more then a snap or 2, going for it on every damn 4th down, he's out of his mind. The owner needs to blow it up starting with the GM.
    FiveThirtyEight QB ELO adjustment? They post pretty extensive explanations of how all of their models work, so if you really want to know what it is and how they come up with it you can read all about it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'll never understand why owners and GMs won't give raises to superior coordinators to keep them around.
    It's simple really. Five letter word, starts with 'G'.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    FiveThirtyEight QB ELO adjustment? They post pretty extensive explanations of how all of their models work, so if you really want to know what it is and how they come up with it you can read all about it.
    I don't have the time or interest to find out. There's too many to keep track of as it is and a new one comes out every damn week it seems.

My dream scenario is Wentz to the Vikings. Adam Gase ends up as offensive coordinator replacing Kubiak who goes to Houston in 2021. Gase gets back to what made him such a hot coaching prospect. More Erhardt Perkins with a qb and skill players who can run it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ELO had some really good songs back in the 80's and they made a model based on their song "Don't Bring Me Down". Right now, Wentz and the Eagles have a high ELO rating because they are always bringing us down. There's also some consideration in their model that accounts for Evil Woman (for the married players) and Hold on Tight (for the O-Lineman). Throw it all together and there you have an ELO rating. In the Eagles case, high ELO rating means the team, GM and coaches all suck. Hope that helps.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    My dream scenario is Wentz to the Vikings. Adam Gase ends up as offensive coordinator replacing Kubiak who goes to Houston in 2021. Gase gets back to what made him such a hot coaching prospect. More Erhardt Perkins with a qb and skill players who can run it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    As long as Zimmer is head coach, it doesn't really matter who the players are.
    The scenario is the same 99% of the time...score on their first drive, then don't score again until 2nd half. (or maybe get a FG late 2nd quarter)

Zim dictates what the coordinators can do, that is just the way it is. He never gives up full control.

Will be interesting to see what Romo says about Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wentz

Not the best pocket presence there. I feel like that was a strength in 2016 and especially 2017. It has been a glaring weakness this year. It suggests something mental going on (lack of confidence?).