Page 2448 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1448194823482398243824462447244824492450245824982548 ... LastLast
Results 24,471 to 24,480 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lmao look up vids of McCown playing pickup basketball. The dude is a professional football player. NDSU would be just fine against JMU with that dude behind center. What a dumb statement.

Are you accusing Seattle of some Bountygate stuff here? What are you basing that on? I dont watch much NFL anymore, does Seattle have a rep for this? Clowney has been around for years, does he have this reputation?

It looked bad, should've been a penalty. I'd leave it there.
    I think Bountygate is a little too far. However, Clowney has a history against the Eagles. He was fined $40K for injuring Nick Foles with a helmet to the ribs in the playoffs. He also somehow was miraculously not penalized for sacking Nick foles by grabbing the bottom of Foles’ face mask and twisting him down. That may have been an even more egregious miss IMO. The Eagles fans have a legit gripe with Clowney. Death threats is way too far, but he has been a pain in the dick to the Eagles fans and in a way that goes beyond just being a good player like Russell Wilson. The guys should probably let someone else order his cheesesteaks while on the east coast.

This all comes down to two things:
    1. If Wentz slides feet first and clearly gives himself up, this doesnt happen.
    2. Wentz is injury prone, has been his entire college and pro career, why? doesnt matter why he just IS!

Should it have been a personal foul on Clowney, yep, should have been but it was bang, bang as they say. We see hits like that in most every NFL game. Most of the time in doesnt result in a concussion or injury, just a fight. If it was as bad as people on this site are saying there would have been a fight on the field of some kind. In real speed it wasnt as dirty looking as in slow motion. Wentz had better not get hurt next season or his national followers are GONE! It's the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    This all comes down to two things:
    1. If Wentz slides feet first and clearly gives himself up, this doesnt happen.
    2. Wentz is injury prone, has been his entire college and pro career, why? doesnt matter why he just IS!

Should it have been a personal foul on Clowney, yep, should have been but it was bang, bang as they say. We see hits like that in most every NFL game. Most of the time in doesnt result in a concussion or injury, just a fight. If it was as bad as people on this site are saying there would have been a fight on the field of some kind. In real speed it wasnt as dirty looking as in slow motion. Wentz had better not get hurt next season or his national followers are GONE! It's the nature of the beast.
    He was behind the LOS... he was scrambling to buy time not necessarily to run. Sliding would've been stupid and gutless. If he could've done anything to avoid the hit it would've been to throw it away when the screen pass that the play was designed for wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Here is one of the big reasons NCAA introduced the targeting rule. This got quite a bit of bad press.

That hit would not (or at least should not) have been called for targeting if the rule was in place then. No contact initiated above the shoulders and he didn't lead with the crown of his helmet. Michigan RB needed to strap his helmet on tighter. They might've called it on the field just because of how vicious it looked but I'd bet if it went to review they would've overturned it.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

3. The shoulder pads and helmets protected both players and new concussion protocol protected Carson Wentz's brain from any farther damage. It's one thing to rattle the brain and a completely other thing to rattle a already concussed brain. Thank goodness Carson will be ok.

I've stated my concussion credentials before. Practically an expert.

Lardsin must go!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's no mystery why he's injury prone. He usually tries to do too much because he's super competitive, which unlike say Kirk Cousins he can often get away with because he's a great athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He was behind the LOS... he was scrambling to buy time not necessarily to run. Sliding would've been stupid and gutless. If he could've done anything to avoid the hit it would've been to throw it away when the screen pass that the play was designed for wasn't there.

That hit would not (or at least should not) have been called for targeting if the rule was in place then. No contact above the shoulders and he didn't let with the crown of his helmet. Michigan RB needed to strap his helmet on tighter.
    Yep, Gutless as you say! Look for the Eagles to start looking for a very good backup or QB in the draft. This team makes more moves than any team in the NFL. Having this guy play nine minutes of playoff football over the past three years isn't cutting it. I hope Wentz wins 10 SB's but I'm the last guy that's gonna hitch my wagon to a guy that "Has Proven" he cannot stay on the field. But as you say, at-least he isn't guttless!!!! LOL.

Also, The Tom Brady's, Aaron Rogers, Peyton Mannings of the QB world would, in the first quarter of a FB game, would have seen the play breakdown and threw the ball away. "Live to play another down" as they say. Or as Wentz would say "take a seat for another season". FAIR OR NOT that is his history to date! I promise you that his biggest regret was once again trying to make every play a big one with over 3/4th of that game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lmao look up vids of McCown playing pickup basketball. The dude is a professional football player. NDSU would be just fine against JMU with that dude behind center. What a dumb statement.

Are you accusing Seattle of some Bountygate stuff here? What are you basing that on? I dont watch much NFL anymore, does Seattle have a rep for this? Clowney has been around for years, does he have this reputation?

It looked bad, should've been a penalty. I'd leave it there.
    Feel free to put McCown on your fantasy football teams then. Answer is pretty much affirmative to all of your questions. History, reputation, videos and still shots, Clowney’s words and attitude right after he did it, etc. etc. Seattle wanted Wentz out and Clowney was the first to get it done. And they would have been tickled to take a lousy penalty for that result.

The assault changed the outcome of this game, but the real issue is that it could have altered the course of the victim’s life. Go lay on the ground and have somebody the size, strength, and speed of Clowney launch himself like a spear/battering ram at the back of your head and base of your neck (actually don’t). It could have ended Carson’s career or left him paralyzed or with a brain bleed (death) very easily. As it stands, a bad concussion can shorten a player’s career and has many times. And it is just a matter of time before a targeting like this results in terrible consequences for someone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsU...48886835961858
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    3. The shoulder pads and helmets protected both players and new concussion protocol protected Carson Wentz's brain from any farther damage. It's one thing to rattle the brain and a completely other thing to rattle a already concussed brain. Thank goodness Carson will be ok.

I've stated my concussion credentials before. Practically an expert.
    Well said. I think that flying is an issue with concussion protocol as well isn’t it Scottie. To answer another posters question do you think Carson will or should fly to Frisco?

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Feel free to put McCown on your fantasy football teams then. Answer is pretty much affirmative to all of your questions. History, reputation, videos and still shots, Clowney’s words and attitude right after he did it, etc. etc. Seattle wanted Wentz out and Clowney was the first to get it done. And they would have been tickled to take a lousy penalty for that result.

The assault changed the outcome of this game, but the real issue is that it could have altered the course of the victim’s life. Go lay on the ground and have somebody the size, strength, and speed of Clowney launch himself like a spear at the back of your head and base of your neck (actually don’t). It could have ended Carson’s career or left him paralyzed or with a brain bleed (death) very easily. As it stands, a bad concussion can shorten a player’s career and has many times. And it is just a matter of time before a targeting like this results in terrible consequences for someone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsU...48886835961858
    Than BAN the sport of football if it's spinal and head injuries you are worried about. There are "dirty" helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players every week in the NFL, most every game. The sport is barbaric to its core, even when played within the rules it is very violent by its own rules. It should not be played in public high schools and yes, it's days are numbered. Public schools cannot assume the liability that comes with sponsoring a sport that SCIENCE now knows affects many if not most athletes that play the game their entire life, to include but not limited to: Lifetime issues with the back/spine/neck area's. Leg's, feet and knee's, And most certainly the brain. WHAT a FN joke to think this game can be played safely. This only becomes a topic of pointing fingers when somebody's favorite player is at the brunt of shit that happens most every single game in the NFL. You don't hear the Eagles players venting, why?, they are weekly some of the most violent offenders!!!