Page 2444 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1444194423442394243424422443244424452446245424942544 ... LastLast
Results 24,431 to 24,440 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I hope he's out for the duration of the playoffs. Fuck Clowney and Fuck Seattle.

I hope the same thing, he and those coaches or anyone else who encouraged him and others to take Carson out. This was intentional and blatant, and the videos and pictures shared here speak for themselves along with the facts and what Clowney said right after the assault. https://www.phillyvoice.com/jadaveon...wks-wild-card/
    Jeff McLane
    @Jeff_McLane

Jason Peters said he spoke to Jadeveon Clowney after his hit on Carson Wentz. Told him it was a “dirty hit.” Said Clowney said my bad, but that’s about it. #Eagles

7:36 PM - Jan 5, 2020 · Philadelphia, PA
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

156 people are talking about this

This should serve as the pinnacle and defining moment of the dirty career of Pete Carroll. Thank goodness that Carson was not hurt much worse as this could have been a severe head or spinal injury very easily.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-06-2020 at 09:47 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Absolutely agree. These hits are assault and should be treated like it. Dipping the crown of your helmet on a player who is on the ground is meant to injure.

One way to help get rid of these hits is throw out and suspend the head coaches along with the perpetrators. Coach’s are tolerating it and in many cases encouraging dangerous hits. We’d be amazed out how fast these hits would stop when egotistical asses like Carrol have to put themselves on the line.
    Exactly. Wonder if Petey boy ever even played the game. Can't stomach even looking it up.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Former NFL heads of officiating do a show every week about their thoughts on calls from the previous week. They had some interesting comments about this play plus the potential OPI in the Vikings game. I find these interesting. Fans will like them if they agree with their explanation and think they are idiots covering for the officials if they disagree.

Many officials thought Pereira was more interested in being on TV than leading the NFL officials and Blandino has never officiated a game on the field in his life! He got into it by being a technical guy in the NFL office in the early days of replay. For someone who has never officiated though he is extremely knowledgeable. His lack of on field experience though did lead to some internal leadership issues, but overall I think he did a good job.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/...495435264?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The refs explanation after the game is even more bizarre. Doesn't matter if he is a runner or whether he's giving himself up or not. This hit is a clear penalty even if it had been to a RB, WR or TE. He speared him helmet to helmet! WTF is incidental about it???
    Thanks for pointing this out as well.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just catching up on all of this now. Watching the play in real time, I didn't catch the helmet contact, but I thought, that's the kind of hit that gets players injured. I was sad but not surprised when they said Carson was being evaluated.

I have a good friend with connections to the Seahawks (watches many of their games from the sidelines), and has often said many of their players are just bad and dangerous people.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Just catching up on all of this now. Watching the play in real time, I didn't catch the helmet contact, but I thought, that's the kind of hit that gets players injured. I was sad but not surprised when they said Carson was being evaluated.

I have a good friend with connections to the Seahawks (watches many of their games from the sidelines), and has often said many of their players are just bad and dangerous people.
    I have despised that team since Carroll showed up. Doesn't surprise me a bit and it has to be coming from the top, ie, the head coach and perhaps others in that organization as well. Unacceptable and it cannot be allowed to go unpunished, or a lot of us will be done with the NFL period.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And, also, we are free to disagree with Indy, which I have done. He certainly isn’t telling us we are fools or a POS if we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other people seem to feel the need to do this...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

As is always the case, officials don't get criticized for flags they throw...…..it's for flags they don't throw. It's when they don't throw flags that they are viewed as incompetent and negligent. On Clowney's hit, throw the god damn flag, report it as targeting, the referee states what the call is on the field and informs everyone that the play is under review. But, Jesus H. Christ, throw the god damn flag so it gets reviewed. So what if it takes a couple of minutes to review...….get the fucking call right. After the last couple of NFL playoff seasons, it is becoming more and more apparent that the human element has to be reduced in terms of relevance as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    As is always the case, officials don't get criticized for flags they throw...…..it's for flags they don't throw. It's when they don't throw flags that they are viewed as incompetent and negligent. On Clowney's hit, throw the god damn flag, report it as targeting, the referee states what the call is on the field and informs everyone that the play is under review. But, Jesus H. Christ, throw the god damn flag so it gets reviewed. So what if it takes a couple of minutes to review...….get the fucking call right. After the last couple of NFL playoff seasons, it is becoming more and more apparent that the human element has to be reduced in terms of relevance as much as possible.
    Again, some perspective is needed here. Officials aren't generally concerned about criticism from fans, I don't think. And I don't think they should be. They should be concerned with making the calls that are consistent with what is written in the rule books based upon what they see on the field. (And as Indy often points out -- NOT based on what they think MIGHT have happened.) That is the role of an official, and what they are judged upon.

If the rules aren't sufficient to protect the players, then the rules need to be changed. But that's not on the officials.

I suppose the rules could be changed to give officials some leeway in guessing what might have happened, even if they didn't see it -- such that the replay booth has a bigger impact on the game. But that would definitely change the nature of the game. I'm guessing most fans wouldn't like it much.

Refs are fallible and that is not the biggest issue here, although they should have called and reviewed this at that time as was stated. There is still time for this to be handled properly, and like many have said that should be with severe game and monetary penalties to the head coach/coaches and to the player who committed the assault. And as has also been clearly said by some good folks here, getting this right is critical for the both the careers and health of these athletes and for the viability of the NFL.