Page 2441 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1441194123412391243124392440244124422443245124912541 ... LastLast
Results 24,401 to 24,410 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How many of you guys complaining about the hit realized Carson was hurt before the announcers said so after the commercial break? My point being it was a fast happening play that I can see how it got missed. Not justifying it at all. You can fine and eject Cloweny and still don't get Carson back. And yeah I've seen the flags fly around Roger's and Brady for people sneezing next to them but that's usually in the pocket. Carson was running up field in a playoff game guys. What would you expect a defender to do?

I hate the NFL and can't stand to watch it. I sat down on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched Carson pitch it to know one and then get hurt. I cussed and turned the tv off. Dam you NFL. Unwatchable anymore.
    The officials should be looking directly at the hit, not sure how you would miss it. Clowney clearly dove helmet first directly at the back of Carson's head. This was after he was tackled by another defender and clearly going to the ground. There is absolutely no excuse for the hit or lack of penalty on the play!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I had no idea Wentz was injured in real time. I can see the officials missing this in real time occasionally. However, there better be a fine on the backend. Also, it is a little annoying to see this get let go and then see the Eagles get called for a late hit when their defender gets seemingly pushed into Wilson. Mistakes happen. I am mostly pissed that it wasn’t mentioned on the broadcast one time. If a hit like that happened to Brady or Rodgers, then the announcers would be crying foul all game. Instead, Collinsworthless couldn’t get enough of Clowney. He was downright gleeful every time Clowney made a play.
    I could tell when he got up something wasn't quite right with him... but I thought/hoped that it was just a typical shaking off of a good hit. Although I also didn't think it was a penalty in real time but changed my mind after all the replays started flying. Obviously the stripes on the field don't have that luxury.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think there is a difference between lowering your body to get your pad level right and hitting helmets, because the offensive player moved in a direction that put you on a bad collision course and what happened to Wentz. Clowney launches head first in a downward trajectory at Wentz’s neck area after Wentz already had dove forward. Clowney knew where Wentz was going. I don’t think he necessarily may have meant to get the back of Wentz’s head and cause a concussion, but he definitely meant to put some extra hurt on Wentz and did so in a reckless manner by leading with his helmet. There was nothing incidental about that. Officials make mistakes and they definitely made one here.

The Saints game was a good no-call. Football becomes unwatchable if that ticky-tack handfighting starts getting called on the bigger player only.
    Completely agree. There are many attempted targeting hits in NCAA but they miss. Any time you lower your helmet to initiate contact you are putting yourself at risk of committing a foul. That behavior is ultimately what the targeting rules were intending to change, but it hasn't been completely effective. The powers that be tell us overall it has improved, but I haven't seen hard data to prove it. Players still try to hit rather than tackle. And that hit often involves their helmet with the crown first. He may not have had the intent of hitting Carson in the back of the helmet, but once he lowered his helmet he no longer has any idea what he's hitting because he's not looking at it any longer. When defenders do that sometimes they don't hit anything with the crown so there is no foul. If the contact is incidental which the official felt he saw (right or wrong) then it may not be a foul. On this play he didn't need to do much more than just touch him because he was already going down.

After watching a lot of Eagles games over the last few years it's hard not to think that the league and officials have a bias against them for some reason. The amount of penalties they get called for and the number of blatantly obvious penalties that seemingly go unnoticed against them is pretty damn suspicious. Take the Carolina game a few years ago when it was something like 14 penalties on them and 1 on Carolina. Go back to the Detroit game this year I believe where I think it was Miles Sanders returning a kick and gets his helmet ripped completely off by a face mask that was somehow "missed" by the officials. The guy could have broke his neck!

If the league is going to fine Clownman for the hit, would it have been announced already? Or do they wait till after lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The officials should be looking directly at the hit, not sure how you would miss it. Clowney clearly dove helmet first directly at the back of Carson's head. This was after he was tackled by another defender and clearly going to the ground. There is absolutely no excuse for the hit or lack of penalty on the play!
    Exactly. Typical Pete Carroll and Seattle intentional cheap shot, BS, and compete disregard for playing the game right. That play could have ended Carson’s career in addition to changing the outcome of this game. It very likely could still shorten his career. Clowney and Carroll should both be fined big time and out for the season at the minimum. As vile as it sounds, Seattle’s “coach” and that launching spear tackler were both keenly aware what the drop off would mean from Carson Wentz to the 40 year old backup. Like another poster said, this sort of thing has made the NFL unwatchable and unpalatable.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

the AMOUNT of Jealousy and HATE for Carson Wentz is fucking sickening.
    facebook pages/Twitter of Fargo & Bismarck Media always has 4-5 people chirping about Wentz being glass.

Hell, FILTHADELPHIA pages are the same way.

Sad world when people can Hate Carson Wentz.....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Exactly. Typical Pete Carroll and Seattle intentional cheap shot, BS, and compete disregard for playing the game right. That play could have ended Carson’s career in addition to changing the outcome of this game. It very likely could still shorten his career. Clowney and Carroll should both be fined big time and out for the season at the minimum. As vile as it sounds, Seattle’s “coach” and that launching spear tackler were both keenly aware what the drop off would mean from Carson Wentz to the 40 year old backup. Like another poster said, this sort of thing has made the NFL unwatchable and unpalatable.
    It's assault. Plain and simple. Outside the rules of the game. And in too many cases ignored.

I despise hockey because they allow fighting. And crap like this and the mauling of Cam Newton a few years ago cause the same feelings towards football.

The problem is that for many the sport is bigger than life. Wentz could be a paraplegic today because of that hit. The fact that it was intentional, and f#ck Clowney for saying otherwise, is criminal; that at least until now has been unpenalized is immoral. Again, I've got zero interest in watching this sh#t. NFL needs to take this safety sh#t seriously. Many folks are ignorant of how violent the game has become, but a permanently paralyzed player will change the sport immediately and forever. ---You think parents have concerns about their kids playing football now, wait until a star player can't feel anything from the neck down. What's crazy is that NFL doesn't want to address this, because it would have to address the ignorance. Their choice is to lose a few fans today (taking about how certain plays are dangerous) or millions when someone is permanently disabled something that will happen eventually.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the AMOUNT of Jealousy and HATE for Carson Wentz is fucking sickening.
    facebook pages/Twitter of Fargo & Bismarck Media always has 4-5 people chirping about Wentz being glass.

Hell, FILTHADELPHIA pages are the same way.

Sad world when people can Hate Carson Wentz.....
    Not glass at all. A lot of people might not ever walk again after a target like that. I would have been sick to my stomach had it happened to any player.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/jadaveon...wks-wild-card/

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    It's assault. Plain and simple. Outside the rules of the game. And in too many cases ignored.

I despise hockey because they allow fighting. And crap like this and the mauling of Cam Newton a few years ago cause the same feelings towards football.

The problem is that for many the sport is bigger than life. Wentz could be a paraplegic today because of that hit. The fact that it was intentional, and f#ck Clowney for saying otherwise, is criminal; that at least until now has been unpenalized is immoral. Again, I've got zero interest in watching this sh#t. NFL needs to take this safety sh#t seriously. Many folks are ignorant of how violent the game has become, but a permanently paralyzed player will change the sport immediately and forever. ---You think parents have concerns about their kids playing football now, wait until a star player can't feel anything from the neck down. What's crazy is that NFL doesn't want to address this, because it would have to address the ignorance. Their choice is to lose a few fans today (taking about how certain plays are dangerous) or millions when someone is permanently disabled something that will happen eventually.
    Thank you for making the real nature and the potential consequences of a dirty play (and I believe premeditated and colluded) like this crystal clear and in no uncertain terms.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/jadaveon...wks-wild-card/

Clowney did say “my bad” right after the assault, but obviously was later coached up to temper that sort of flippant and obviously incriminating type of response.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-06-2020 at 09:26 PM.