Page 2440 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1440194023402390243024382439244024412442245024902540 ... LastLast
Results 24,391 to 24,400 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

And she’s on the sidelines attempting to be objective.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well there wasn't a penalty out there that would have put Carson back in the game. Sucks but it's a big boy sport with big boys moving around fast.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Well there wasn't a penalty out there that would have put Carson back in the game. Sucks but it's a big boy sport with big boys moving around fast.
    I’ve heard that the playoffs are different. Wondering how people will react if Clowney cheap shots Rodgers out of the game.

The message has been sent. Open season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    but I personally know long time, very good higher level officials that have no problem calling this stuff out when it happens. Indybison is not one of them.
    Please name them, and let us know what level. I'm curious. Since publicly outing something doesn't seem to be a problem, you should not have any issue divulging this info.

I also find it funny how you speak about integrity and call out Indy. Poor guy is already blind and deaf, now you call out his character...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    From the limited replays I've seen this probably should have been a foul for initiating contact with the helmet (I think that's what the NFL calls it). But you realize there are a lot of legal hits that involve the helmet and result in injuries? Even with all the rule changes is still a very violent game. This is out of the hands of the officiating department. They don't levy fines. The only thing they'll do is grade the covering officials and they feel it was an egregious miss they won't work a conference championship game if they previously graded high enough to do that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I think there is a difference between lowering your body to get your pad level right and hitting helmets, because the offensive player moved in a direction that put you on a bad collision course and what happened to Wentz. Clowney launches head first in a downward trajectory at Wentz’s neck area after Wentz already had dove forward. Clowney knew where Wentz was going. I don’t think he necessarily may have meant to get the back of Wentz’s head and cause a concussion, but he definitely meant to put some extra hurt on Wentz and did so in a reckless manner by leading with his helmet. There was nothing incidental about that. Officials make mistakes and they definitely made one here.

The Saints game was a good no-call. Football becomes unwatchable if that ticky-tack handfighting starts getting called on the bigger player only.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

How many of you guys complaining about the hit realized Carson was hurt before the announcers said so after the commercial break? My point being it was a fast happening play that I can see how it got missed. Not justifying it at all. You can fine and eject Cloweny and still don't get Carson back. And yeah I've seen the flags fly around Roger's and Brady for people sneezing next to them but that's usually in the pocket. Carson was running up field in a playoff game guys. What would you expect a defender to do?

I hate the NFL and can't stand to watch it. I sat down on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched Carson pitch it to know one and then get hurt. I cussed and turned the tv off. Dam you NFL. Unwatchable anymore.

Lardsin must go!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson was running up field in a playoff game guys. What would you expect a defender to do?
    I expect defenders to abide by the tackling rules. Stop leading with the crown of the helmet.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And she’s on the sidelines attempting to be objective.
    She's gotta keep her boy Alshon happy so he keeps feeding her "anonymous" tips and shitting on Wentz is a great way to do that.

I hope Alshon goes to the Packers, Cowboys, or Patriots... he belongs at one of those places.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many of you guys complaining about the hit realized Carson was hurt before the announcers said so after the commercial break? My point being it was a fast happening play that I can see how it got missed. Not justifying it at all. You can fine and eject Cloweny and still don't get Carson back. And yeah I've seen the flags fly around Roger's and Brady for people sneezing next to them but that's usually in the pocket. Carson was running up field in a playoff game guys. What would you expect a defender to do?

I hate the NFL and can't stand to watch it. I sat down on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched Carson pitch it to know one and then get hurt. I cussed and turned the tv off. Dam you NFL. Unwatchable anymore.
    I had no idea Wentz was injured in real time. I can see the officials missing this in real time occasionally. However, there better be a fine on the backend. Also, it is a little annoying to see this get let go and then see the Eagles get called for a late hit when their defender gets seemingly pushed into Wilson. Mistakes happen. I am mostly pissed that it wasn’t mentioned on the broadcast one time. If a hit like that happened to Brady or Rodgers, then the announcers would be crying foul all game. Instead, Collinsworthless couldn’t get enough of Clowney. He was downright gleeful every time Clowney made a play.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think there is a difference between lowering your body to get your pad level right and hitting helmets, because the offensive player moved in a direction that put you on a bad collision course and what happened to Wentz. Clowney launches head first in a downward trajectory at Wentz’s neck area after Wentz already had dove forward. Clowney knew where Wentz was going. I don’t think he necessarily may have meant to get the back of Wentz’s head and cause a concussion, but he definitely meant to put some extra hurt on Wentz and did so in a reckless manner by leading with his helmet. There was nothing incidental about that. Officials make mistakes and they definitely made one here.

The Saints game was a good no-call. Football becomes unwatchable if that ticky-tack handfighting starts getting called on the bigger player only.
    Exactly this. If all Clowney wanted to do was ensure Wentz made it all to the ground, he would have put his hands on Wentz's back and finished with his head up. That he lowered his head and aimed it at the back of Wentz's head can only be explained by the fact that he intended to cause damage. There is no other reasonable way to look at this.

EDIT: Another reasonable way to look at this is he intended to hit with his shoulder, but doing that comes with the risk of hitting with your helmet, which he did. Lowering the shoulder still indicates he's out to do damage and not just ensure the runner is down. Just because you didn't intend for the gun to go off doesn't excuse you from the consequences for shooting someone.

The Saints no-call would have been more egregious if there wasn't already some mutual contact going on. If the contact was all Rudolph, it would have been different.
    Last edited by Klepto; 01-06-2020 at 02:24 PM.