Page 2412 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1412191223122362240224102411241224132414242224622512 ... LastLast
Results 24,111 to 24,120 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    And fumbles aren't part of the equation? I'm a huge Wentz fan but wow! MVP talk? I'm hoping the Eagles can pull one off in NY next week, a game I don't see them having their way. I put the Eagles at -6 favorite. Coming off a huge win, on the road with a Giants Rookie QB who will be looking to keep on a roll (5 Td's this past weekend)... Game of the Week!
    Obviously fumbles are part of the equation. Reading comprehension is pretty helpful in distinguishing that. He is closer to the top five than people realize is NOT the same thing as stating he is definitely a top five candidate. His TD/INT ratio is pretty good and what he has done with his supporting cast has been pretty amazing. The award is Most VALUABLE Player not Most Statistically Impressive Player. There are many ways to interpret what Valuable means and thus many ways to argue for who deserves the award. Along some of those lines, Wentz would likely be in the top five this year. You could make arguments for Cousins I’m sure too. Now I don’t think Wentz is at the top of any of those arguments, and I think Jackson is at the top of most of those arguments, hence Jackson should be the runaway favorite for MVP and Wentz should not.

If you haven't heard, Ertz has a fractured rib from that shot he took in yesterday's game.

I'm not sure if this was all of it but here was at least part of Cowherd's rant today: https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1209181100183998464

"Start building the Carson Wentz statue... Get it done in the next year or two."

@ColinCowherd on the heroics of the Philadelphia Eagles' QB:
    My favorite quote was him saying something like "Dak missing Amari Cooper for a play was like your private jet taking off 8 minutes late. Carson Wentz had to sit in the back of coach... then at 33,000 feet the emergency exit opened so he had to hold the door shut, serve drinks to everyone, and land the plane."
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12-24-2019 at 01:55 AM.

Anybody else think that it's about time we stop lambasting Carson Wentz after the occasional errant pass and start appreciating his overall brilliance?
    To say that the Eagles signal-caller is cashing in when it matters is a colossal understatement. For the season, Wentz has thrown a whopping 19 touchdowns compared to ZERO interceptions when Philly reaches the red zone.

If you're keeping score, those figures equate to a terrific 105.6 passer rating.

https://www.12up.com/posts/eagles-ca...9-01dwspkb8w5t

Yes, cant stand the constant nitpicking. It doesn't always have to be this guy vs that guy. (Cough Carson vs Dak)

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    ... For the season, Wentz has thrown a whopping 19 touchdowns compared to ZERO interceptions when Philly reaches the red zone. https://www.12up.com/posts/eagles-ca...9-01dwspkb8w5t
    Those are almost Trey Lance numbers. (Not all purple.)
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Upon further review in a quote on one of the morning shows the Dallas coach threw his OC under the bus for Cooper missing the 4th down play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Anybody else think that it's about time we stop lambasting Carson Wentz after the occasional errant pass and start appreciating his overall brilliance?
    To say that the Eagles signal-caller is cashing in when it matters is a colossal understatement. For the season, Wentz has thrown a whopping 19 touchdowns compared to ZERO interceptions when Philly reaches the red zone.

If you're keeping score, those figures equate to a terrific 105.6 passer rating.

Trolling Philly fans is an industry unto itself. What can you do?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson is low key having a good year and the media is nitpicking every throw he makes. It is driving me insane. Even his good plays get torn apart when they are not perfect. Carson is a gunslinger and that is his play style he will never be a finesse guy. That doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of making a precision touch pass, but it means that he likely won’t be making them all game long. Instead he is going to make up for it by completing one of those thread-the-needle, laser passes through an eight lane highway during rush hour traffic in L.A., and he’s gonna do it without batting an eye, all while throwing off platform from ducking a 300lb. dude who runs at least two times faster than any of the dudes calling for Nick Foles on WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Carson is low key having a good year and the media is nitpicking every throw he makes. It is driving me insane. Even his good plays get torn apart when they are not perfect. Carson is a gunslinger and that is his play style he will never be a finesse guy. That doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of making a precision touch pass, but it means that he likely won’t be making them all game long. Instead he is going to make up for it by completing one of those thread-the-needle, laser passes through an eight lane highway during rush hour traffic in L.A., and he’s gonna do it without batting an eye, all while throwing off platform from ducking a 300lb. dude who runs at least two times faster than any of the dudes calling for Nick Foles on WIP.
    If you havent figure it out but the media doesnt report news anymore. They manufacture controversy.Every hack be it professional or backyard wannabe blogger is going to take their shots. It is what it is.

People have to quit taking it so personal.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."