Page 239 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1391892292372382392402412492893397391239 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day a Bison QB would throw for 250+ yards and 4 TD's (with another dropped) only to have people refer to him as "average".

I know drinking the kool-aid is dangerous but good Lord, cut the kid some slack.

CW is very good!

Ignore the clowns!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day a Bison QB would throw for 250+ yards and 4 TD's (with another dropped) only to have people refer to him as "average".

I know drinking the kool-aid is dangerous but good Lord, cut the kid some slack.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^^

CW rocks...........period.

Carson is great! look at the adjustments he's made. Now he's putting touch on the passes that need it, he's running the clock down better, and he will throw it away when necessary. Shows he intelligent and not too hard headed. He's so dang strong they probably need to let him run right away just to burn a bit of energy off the top, before he has to throw. It might go right through the receivers facemask.

I still wonder how great Thornton would have been at qb. How many quarterbacks can switch to linebacker and start at this level? And make the game ending play for the national championship? Must've been hard to be that good and have an nfl prospect come in.

Carson is making some great throws and he seems to be getting better each week. If there is anything average, it's the performance of the receivers. Kinda hard to fault the qb when he puts it right on the face mask and they drop it.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I was scratching my head over the commentators talking about CW's pass to RJ.

That was a PERFECT pass.

The Gophers would kill to have Wentz. I don't know how many of you are following the Gophers...but Mitch Leidner is BRUTAL. The Least Threatened Things In America are The Broadsides of Barns when Leidner drops back to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was scratching my head over the commentators talking about CW's pass to RJ.

That was a PERFECT pass.
    Agree. Far enough to give the db no chance but just enough for RJ to make the catch. Perfect.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    The Gophers would kill to have Wentz. I don't know how many of you are following the Gophers...but Mitch Leidner is BRUTAL. The Least Threatened Things In America are The Broadsides of Barns when Leidner drops back to throw.
    Leidner wouldn't even crack our two deep.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Leidner wouldn't even crack our two deep.
    Leidner would have trouble starting for a lot of FCS teams. He downright stinks.

CW is easy to nitpick because he is playing a position with the most exposure on the field. It probably isn't fair, but it is what it is. That being said, I am not concerned about his play. He is accounting for nearly 300 yards of offense, 4 TDs a game, and completing almost 2/3rds of his passes. He isn't perfect and never will be. I can breakdown Tom Brady or Peyton Manning games and find faults, so it is blatantly unfair to be hyper critical of CW's game. I don't know what more anyone would want. He is improving with each start, he is leading his team to victories, and even in a performance where we would have liked to have seen a win, it wasn't like he individually did anything profusely negligent. It has been fun breaking down his game, but anyone coming up with his game being average or less than average is really not watching what he is doing out there. He is mostly throwing strikes. He is putting passes where his receivers can succeed. He is usually making the right pre-snap reads. Defenses already have been throwing every trick in the book at him and he is still moving the ball. The team is still learning how to close out drives while they are still closing out drives. There is really very little to be much concerned about. So I am putting all my angst over posts over different threads being hyper critical about CW's play here. I think the list would be very short with college QBs who would be a better option leading this team right now or at any point this season. If we are going to be critical of his play, it is paramount to point out the positives.

As far as the next level, I have said this before and the more he plays the more I am convinced of it. I think he compares quite favorably to Ryan Tannehill with the potential to be more of a downfield thrower with some work on his long passes. You want to see something crazy, look at this scouting report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...couting-report It is very similar to one I think many would put together for CW. I think the key differences would be CW tends to overthrow on deep passes instead of underthrowing and while he throws out patterns perfectly, he tends to throw a tad bit behind on the inside patterns.