Page 2349 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1349184922492299233923472348234923502351235923992449 ... LastLast
Results 23,481 to 23,490 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know. I don’t watch much NFL these days and so I have paid little attention to Brady but he is what, .666 for Super Bowl appearances? Both Montana and Bradshaw have at least four appearances and batted 1.000. (They are like the anti-Vikings)

With Brady you always hear the discussion about how crafty Belichik is and so it makes me wonder what portion of the success is attributable to Brady alone. Back in the day there was not so much talk about Chuck Knoll with Bradshaw or (I can’t even remember the 9’ers coach) with Montana.

Like Chaos said in an earlier post the QB position gets a bit more credit/blame than it rightfully deserves. It’s a team game after all.

I think I would go along with the assertion that Brady is the Greatest Of THIS Time (span of his career) but perhaps not ALL time. Pretty hard to settle without the benefit of head to head matchups against the other greats and their supporting casts. Almost as fruitless as arguing that the 2013 Bison FB > 2018 Bison FB. Can’t play the game so we will never actually know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The father of the West Coast Offense:

Hail the BISON!!!

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Jerry Burns, while O-Coordinator for the Vikings in the 70's ran a "west coast offense" All Walsh did was give it a name.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Jerry Burns, while O-Coordinator for the Vikings in the 70's ran a "west coast offense" All Walsh did was give it a name.
    Burns and others might have ran something that looked like the West Coast Offense, but it wasn't the same. Even OCs claiming they are using a West Coast Offensive scheme today, aren't using the scheme Bill Walsh invented.

I don't know who influenced Burns to come up with his scheme, but I'd guess it would be the same person who influence Walsh and so many others, Sid Gillman.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Oh yeah, damn!! Shoots a little hole in my notion that Montana was not backed by a schemer like Belichik doesn’t it? Now that you bring this up I indeed DO recall hearing his name mentioned now and then...

Don't believe everything you think.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is kind of a foolish argument and in many cases you don’t have one without the other (good qb and legendary coach).

On the comparing qb thought I find it funny people that say Foles is better than Wentz. He had a string of a couple good games and he’s the greatest qb ever. They forget Wentz lead them to an 11-2 record prior to getting hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Patriots, Kraft, Belichick and Brady are also known cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Oh yeah, damn!! Shoots a little hole in my notion that Montana was not backed by a schemer like Belichik doesn’t it? Now that you bring this up I indeed DO recall hearing his name mentioned now and then...

I believe having the right player in the right system is what makes the magic work. Many times, especially with young players, if an individual doesn't get drafted into the right system for him, their career might never take off. Sometimes though, it just takes getting kicked around the NFL for awhile before their career takes off. An example would be Jim Plunkett.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The Patriots, Kraft, Belichick and Brady are also known cheaters.
    I don't know how much I can blame Brady for the franchise's cheating (I still believe the phone issue was due to him not wanting "personal" information getting out), but Belichick can take a whole lot of it. However, I blame the NFL for missing up the Spygate and trying to make it up later on with "other" cases. I don't believe Spygate would have been that bad had the NFL just done its job instead of destroying the evidence (tapes). The act itself is cheating, but when considering how many other coaches admitted to doing it in the past (I'm sure many are still trying some form of stealing play-calling signs today), I'm not sure how badly the Patriots would have been punished. My guess, a couple first round picks based on how the NFL punished the Broncos for not paying off their loans to Elway and Davis in the early 2000s (two third rounders total).

In regards to Kraft, due to his influence to help get Goodell the commissioner job is probably the main reason why the NFL screwed up the investigation to begin with - Roger didn't want to bite the hand the fed him.
    Hail the BISON!!!

OL still sucks for philly.
    buffalo crowd loud.

Wentz vs Allen (Craig Bohl/Vigen bowl!)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    OL still sucks for philly.
    buffalo crowd loud.

Wentz vs Allen (Craig Bohl/Vigen bowl!)
    Their offensive line is just God awful!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck