Page 2348 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1348184822482298233823462347234823492350235823982448 ... LastLast
Results 23,471 to 23,480 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Foles was good in the Superbowl and the NFC Championship that year. He was hot garbage in every other game. The defense got them to the NFC Championship that year. Eagles have one of the worst defenses in the league right now. Meanwhile the Patriots defense has allowed 3 TDs and gotten 21 takeaways this year. Brady could throw the ball into the dirt every play and his team might still win the game. Carson tries to do too much at times, and that is his flaw. But I would take that any day over a guy who alligator arms the catch on a good throw downfield.
    Yeah, the Patriots have been winning as much in spite of Brady this year as they have because of Brady.

In general Brady has gotten waaaaay too much credit for all the Super Bowls the Patriots have won. I remember seeing a twitter thread last year where some guy went through rattling off all of the pedestrian stat lines he's had in monster playoff games and Super Bowls that the Patriots won. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the Patriots have been winning as much in spite of Brady this year as they have because of Brady.

In general Brady has gotten waaaaay too much credit for all the Super Bowls the Patriots have won. I remember seeing a twitter thread last year where some guy went through rattling off all of the pedestrian stat lines he's had in monster playoff games and Super Bowls that the Patriots won. I'll see if I can find it.
    I guess I tend to shy away from any CRITICISM of Brady and I do not like the Patriots. This guy has played in many SB's and won a few as well with some real sketchy talent. Then, the Pats trade away many of the best players each year for draft picks and keep right on winning titles with FA older vets and newbie draft pix and the two constants are Brady and Belichek. Actually, regardless of some meaningless stats, any criticism of Tom Brady is HOT GARBAGE and I am also not a Brady fan but a fan who respects a legendary player when i see one year after year in Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I guess I tend to shy away from any CRITICISM of Brady and I do not like the Patriots. This guy has played in many SB's and won a few as well with some real sketchy talent. Then, the Pats trade away many of the best players each year for draft picks and keep right on winning titles with FA older vets and newbie draft pix and the two constants are Brady and Belichek. Actually, regardless of some meaningless stats, any criticism of Tom Brady is HOT GARBAGE and I am also not a Brady fan but a fan who respects a legendary player when i see one year after year in Super Bowls.
    He is a great QB. He is not the GOAT. He gets too much credit for winning all those Super Bowls, as QBs generally do. Troy Aikman was the same way. QBs get inflated (pun intended) more than any other singular position in sports by winning titles. Tom Brady is no different.

EDIT: Here's an example. I couldn't find the full thread but I found this image from a tweet about Brady's sub-par playoff performance where his team still won the game.

His team won all 13 of those games. That's 13 of his 28 career postseason victories.

He is a great QB. He is not the GOAT. He gets too much credit for winning all those Super Bowls, as QBs generally do. Troy Aikman was the same way. QBs get inflated (pun intended) more than any other singular position in sports by winning titles. Tom Brady is no different.
    Brady is the best quarterback ever and I don't think its close. To maintain what the Patriots have done over this long of a time and him being the only constant (I guess along with Belichick) is all the evidence you need. He not only has won the most superbowls, which I agree in some of them he has gotten too much credit for wins, but he also has gotten them there and maintained their regular season dominance. Best ever.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Brady is the best quarterback ever and I don't think its close. To maintain what the Patriots have done over this long of a time and him being the only constant (I guess along with Belichick) is all the evidence you need. He not only has won the most superbowls, which I agree in some of them he has gotten too much credit for wins, but he also has gotten them there and maintained their regular season dominance. Best ever.
    Brady is the goat. Just because he didn’t throw for 400 yards and have 4 td’s every playoff game doesn’t discount mean he wasn’t a huge part of all of those wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Brady is the goat. Just because he didn’t throw for 400 yards and have 4 td’s every playoff game doesn’t discount mean he wasn’t a huge part of all of those wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know. I don’t watch much NFL these days and so I have paid little attention to Brady but he is what, .666 for Super Bowl appearances? Both Montana and Bradshaw have at least four appearances and batted 1.000. (They are like the anti-Vikings)

With Brady you always hear the discussion about how crafty Belichik is and so it makes me wonder what portion of the success is attributable to Brady alone. Back in the day there was not so much talk about Chuck Knoll with Bradshaw or (I can’t even remember the 9’ers coach) with Montana.

Like Chaos said in an earlier post the QB position gets a bit more credit/blame than it rightfully deserves. It’s a team game after all.

I think I would go along with the assertion that Brady is the Greatest Of THIS Time (span of his career) but perhaps not ALL time. Pretty hard to settle without the benefit of head to head matchups against the other greats and their supporting casts. Almost as fruitless as arguing that the 2013 Bison FB > 2018 Bison FB. Can’t play the game so we will never actually know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

How much of the sucess in NewEngland is due to Belichik and how much is due to Brady ? Looking at Jimmy G in SanFrancisco 49ers , its hard not to rule out HC playing a big role in setting things straight.

EDIT: Here's an example. I couldn't find the full thread but I found this image from a tweet about Brady's sub-par playoff performance where his team still won the game.

His team won all 13 of those games. That's 13 of his 28 career postseason victories.
    To be fair, lots of games in Boston in January I imagine are not exactly ideal for big passing numbers.

But yeah, he's dodged some bullets in big games. Having a best run organization in the league surrounding you is certainly helpful. I'm pretty sure their record when hes out hurt is pretty much identical to when he plays lmao.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know. I don’t watch much NFL these days and so I have paid little attention to Brady but he is what, .666 for Super Bowl appearances? Both Montana and Bradshaw have at least four appearances and batted 1.000. (They are like the anti-Vikings)

With Brady you always hear the discussion about how crafty Belichik is and so it makes me wonder what portion of the success is attributable to Brady alone. Back in the day there was not so much talk about Chuck Knoll with Bradshaw or (I can’t even remember the 9’ers coach) with Montana.

Like Chaos said in an earlier post the QB position gets a bit more credit/blame than it rightfully deserves. It’s a team game after all.

I think I would go along with the assertion that Brady is the Greatest Of THIS Time (span of his career) but perhaps not ALL time. Pretty hard to settle without the benefit of head to head matchups against the other greats and their supporting casts. Almost as fruitless as arguing that the 2013 Bison FB > 2018 Bison FB. Can’t play the game so we will never actually know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If Peyton Manning is planning on the Patriots team, I firmly believe he has at least 8 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    hard to say since rules have changed so much over 40 years.. Mel bloudt rule, changing hash marks, allowing more hands in blocking, protecting the QB etc.. I watched what Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw and Brady wouldn't have lasted a year in league.. I will say Tom Brady is Best QB in last 25- 30 years.