Page 2344 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1344184422442294233423422343234423452346235423942444 ... LastLast
Results 23,431 to 23,440 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Dak stood back there unmolested. CW had less than three seconds.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And here he goes...
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

You can hide glaring weaknesses at just about every position but the O line. That was a #@$# show of a O line performance last night.

NO Shotgun for you, No Shotgun for you, No shotgun for you......................

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dak Prescott has showed that he is a good QB in this league. Carson is so much more talented though and is hindered by a lack of guys who are willing to make plays. Ertz had a great effort last night on a play near the sideline, but nobody else stepped up. If a ball is contested at all, then chalk it up to an incompletion. Meanwhile, Cooper makes difficult catches look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    personally now that Wentz has Philadelphias money....that they go 5-11 this year.. panic and trade Wentz to Miami or Cincinnati for the #1 pick and Wentz can get outta that craphole
    You're dumb.

Anyway, Eagles were 4-6 last year and won 5 of last 6. They finish playing NYG twice, Washington, Miami, Seattle/Dallas at home. 5 of 6 there is very possible. Not that you care though.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Dak Prescott has showed that he is a good QB in this league. Carson is so much more talented though and is hindered by a lack of guys who are willing to make plays. Ertz had a great effort last night on a play near the sideline, but nobody else stepped up. If a ball is contested at all, then chalk it up to an incompletion. Meanwhile, Cooper makes difficult catches look normal.
    I can't make myself watch the Eagles because they do so many things wrong all the time. They must lead the league in fumbles after catch, first downs negated by penalty, dropped balls, and offensive pass interference.

I turned the game on to get a score update and what did I see? Amari Cooper faked out an Eagle DB so badly that he went completely off screen... they literally need two cameras or (not so literally) a live satellite feed to get a Philadelphia DB and the opponent's receivers in the same shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I can't make myself watch the Eagles because they do so many things wrong all the time. They must lead the league in fumbles after catch, first downs negated by penalty, dropped balls, and offensive pass interference.

I turned the game on to get a score update and what did I see? Amari Cooper faked out an Eagle DB so badly that he went completely off screen... they literally need two cameras or (not so literally) a live satellite feed to get a Philadelphia DB and the opponent's receivers in the same shot.
    The first drive for DAL was bad where the DB got faked out as well for the TD. It was like a college defense out there

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As long as the calls are consistent, I will be happy. There is definitely a change from the way the rule was reviewed the few weeks to what they are now. So much that coaches aren’t as willing to challenge anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are as consistent as shy judgement call can be. Fans will see 2 plays and think they aren't consistent but in reality when you understand the rule and philosophy (I shared the 6 categories somewhere else) you'll realize they are pretty darn consistent. That doesn't mean they are always right.

Based on what I've seen I think they had a recalibration about week 3. That would likely come from the competition committee. If they felt Riveron was intentionally not overturning calls they felt he should overturn, they would communicate that to him. If they did and he still ignores them, I think you'll definitely see him gone after the season. I'm guessing they all understand you don't want these types of fouls to get reviewed too technically in replay. Look what's happened to a catch. They probably made it too technical and created a bunch of confusion.

It's the nature of the beast today. People complain the NFL is unwatchable because of all these calls. I think people would be saying that regardless of what the league or NFL does because people just like to completion and look for things to complain about. It's a no win situation with the league.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They are as consistent as shy judgement call can be. Fans will see 2 plays and think they aren't consistent but in reality when you understand the rule and philosophy (I shared the 6 categories somewhere else) you'll realize they are pretty darn consistent. That doesn't mean they are always right.

Based on what I've seen I think they had a recalibration about week 3. That would likely come from the competition committee. If they felt Riveron was intentionally not overturning calls they felt he should overturn, they would communicate that to him. If they did and he still ignores them, I think you'll definitely see him gone after the season. I'm guessing they all understand you don't want these types of fouls to get reviewed too technically in replay. Look what's happened to a catch. They probably made it too technical and created a bunch of confusion.

It's the nature of the beast today. People complain the NFL is unwatchable because of all these calls. I think people would be saying that regardless of what the league or NFL does because people just like to completion and look for things to complain about. It's a no win situation with the league.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Not to go all Dan Berriero on it but the fans clamoured for replay. Until we start realizing that replay is what drives what fans see as inconsistencies (or maybe in your terms technical items that need to be checked off) they're going to ask for more. Personally even though Vikings seemed to have gotten burned by PI calls/no calls quite a bit. I never wanted that as reviewable item.

The Lions fans were definitely riding the we got screwed by the refs bandwagon yesterday with the Vikings game so we're owed a few calls. I'm sure numerous Vikings fans were yelling at their TVs telling them to STFU. I know in my head I was.

Bad thing is when we get so fanatic about it that we let it override our better judgement for the following weeks game, you really need to take a step back and reevaluate what is important in your life. And remember why we became fanatics in the end was because we ENJOYED watching a certain team play. For myself after the game I might have water cooler talk on Monday or Tuesday or in case this week will be Friday about it but you know what pick up move on. Of course it's always there in the memory bank. For example Leber PI penalty in 09 NFC championship against none other than NO! Which is the fanbase that cried the loudest this last offseason about them getting jobbed in the NFC championship game by no PI being called. But like Patricia did with his players went and found 30 items that had nothing to do with the penalties and said hey we left "X" on the table on this play... Every game can have those. If you're playing and executing a game to near perfection a missed called likely will never decide the game.

Wentz is 8-10 in his last 18 games played. I think hes one of the better QBs in the lead talent wise, but that is not a good stat for any elite franchise QB regardless of the situation.