Page 2314 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1314181422142264230423122313231423152316232423642414 ... LastLast
Results 23,131 to 23,140 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What are you watching? They blocked the 3 guys for 6 seconds, 6 SECONDS! Carson had plenty of time to make a decision, he second guessed himself when he shouldn't have, he's got to get rid of the ball or run at that point.
    Did somebody blow a whistle? No? Keep f’ing blocking!
    Is the defense trying to get BEHIND you? Yes? Keep f’ing blocking!

It ain’t rocket science. They STOPPED blocking. I don’t care if it was six minutes - keep going until you hear a whistle! The defense didn’t stop.

Maybe Carson could have gotten the ball out of there sooner - can’t see the whole field there so don’t know. Let’s just run through the arithmetic a minute:

Offense at the LOS: 1 QB plus six blockers. This leaves 4 guys running around downfield.

Defense at the LOS: 3 pass rushers. This leaves 8 guys covering the previously mentioned 4 potential receivers.

Do you think anyone out there is encouraging Carson to NOT tuck the ball and invite contact? You know like somebody writing 9 digit checks perhaps?

In this possibly context free video these OL slackers stopped doing their job. Based on what I see they should be admonished by the team in a vigorous manner.

Question: would you be understanding or appalled if you saw the NDSU Rams exhibit this level of effort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

Question: would you be understanding or appalled if you saw the NDSU Rams exhibit this level of effort?

Question: given the same set of circumstances, how do you know they haven’t?

I’m with 98 on this one. When I watched the video of this one specific play - and with nothing else subjectively figured in, like how poorly the OL might or might not have played in prior games or up until that time, or how much we love Carson - I thought it was a big nothing.

He (Carson) had plenty of time to make a decision or two. In this case it appears he took enough time to make 3. And the 3rd one didn’t work out. This one specific play was on Carson, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Did somebody blow a whistle? No? Keep f’ing blocking!
    Is the defense trying to get BEHIND you? Yes? Keep f’ing blocking!

It ain’t rocket science. They STOPPED blocking. I don’t care if it was six minutes - keep going until you hear a whistle! The defense didn’t stop.

Maybe Carson could have gotten the ball out of there sooner - can’t see the whole field there so don’t know. Let’s just run through the arithmetic a minute:

Offense at the LOS: 1 QB plus six blockers. This leaves 4 guys running around downfield.

Defense at the LOS: 3 pass rushers. This leaves 8 guys covering the previously mentioned 4 potential receivers.

Do you think anyone out there is encouraging Carson to NOT tuck the ball and invite contact? You know like somebody writing 9 digit checks perhaps?

In this possibly context free video these OL slackers stopped doing their job. Based on what I see they should be admonished by the team in a vigorous manner.

Lol you've clearly never played oline. I supposed they could have sat on the rushers while Carson ran around for a couple minutes and then walked back 10 yards for holding.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    was in bismarck. ran into a group of guys that HATED WENTZ.

"oh Wentz is overrated, all hype, he hasn't done squat"

"sick of north dakota media all on carson's jock"

after 10 minutes I just laughed and remembered this are huge Bismarck St Mary's people.. hahaha.
    I guess I am confused why St Mary's people wouldn't like Wentz? They were AA when Wentz played so they never played against each other. I would agree if you would have said Bismarck High School,...

Default Carson Wentz

Lol you've clearly never played oline. I supposed they could have sat on the rushers while Carson ran around for a couple minutes and then walked back 10 yards for holding.
    You are partly correct. I played tackle on both sides of the line but not past high school. It was also back in the dark ages and so between those two factors they kept things simple: play to the whistle.

As a relatively simple minded sort I took this quite literally and so on any given pass pro you would likely find me and my guy ten to fifteen yards backwards from the play. No, I was not a very effective downfield blocker, that’s true. But I never got a wind sprint penalty for taking my guy to my end zone.

Had I been one of those oline guys on that clip in the Monday afternoon tape review I would have known exactly what awaited me out on the practice field, and it would have been a well deserved hell.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    I guess I am confused why St Mary's people wouldn't like Wentz? They were AA when Wentz played so they never played against each other. I would agree if you would have said Bismarck High School,...
    Because he's full of shit??

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In fairness that's not really on the oline. They don't know where Carson is and the ball should have been out by then. They sustained their blocks as long as they could on that play. That's on Carson to either take off or throw it.
    I agree. Ball should have been out by the time he was sacked. I’m guessing Carson would say the same thing. The “controversy” they are eluding to is just something to talk about to make something out of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    One reason could be they're Fawker hockey fans and are jealous of the fact that anyone associated with NDSU is getting more recognition than anyone or anything involving their puck team.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Because he's full of shit??
    no dead serious. i just laughed. i just couldnt fathom someone in bismarck talking down about wentz

they HATE hockey & HATE und.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?