Page 2248 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1248174821482198223822462247224822492250225822982348 ... LastLast
Results 22,471 to 22,480 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

That reporter has accomplished his only goal. People read his article and are now talking about it. Drop mic.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

My guess is the "unnamed source" is Nick Foles agent...Total bullshit.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Here is the piece if anyone is interested...

"Selfish" is a strange term. Reading the argument, my take away is "trying to do too much" would be a better description.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/
    It is interesting. The Bison played better for Stick. The Eagles play better under Foles. I wouldn't throw Wentz under the bus, but there is enough in the article that there is probably some truth in there. The comment that Carson could complicate 2+2 sticks out...sounds just like Carson to me (not that I know him...just everything I see/read). I fully support him...but still realize he has flaws and can improve.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Attaching false and sensationalized narratives to facts is just as dangerous as making up the facts themselves. The writer, who is clearly biased, should be ashamed. His material is all about bashing Wentz. Clicks are more important than the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It is interesting. The Bison played better for Stick. The Eagles play better under Foles. I wouldn't throw Wentz under the bus, but there is enough in the article that there is probably some truth in there. The comment that Carson could complicate 2+2 sticks out...sounds just like Carson to me (not that I know him...just everything I see/read). I fully support him...but still realize he has flaws and can improve.
    The problem with both those narratives is that the defense stepped up. The offense as a whole was not better under Stick. The defense saved a lot of games that season. Outside of a few games where Foles played great, the defense again was the reason why the team played better. The defense pretty much dragged the offense across the finishline in last year's Falcon's game. The Eagle's offense also seemed to flop early this season and in the second half if the Saints game. This is a pretty lazy take as there are several other plausible reasons for the turnaround other than Carson's attitude...
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 01-21-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    This is a pretty lazy take as there are several other plausible reasons for the turnaround other than Carson's attitude...
    If I know TAB, and I think I do, he would agree that he is a lazy SOB.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I think he got his take from his Magic 8 Ball.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Shots fired! Honestly though, some teams step up when a star player goes down. The other teammates take a greater responsibility in the outcome of the game and step up their level of play.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. There is probably a lot of truth in that article. It's no secret that the main reason we won the National Championship his senior year was because we had to get back to Bison football and run the ball. With his talent he has supreme confidence in his arm and his decision making, but any good football team has to occasionally run the football and run it well. If he's constantly throwing on the RPO's it's going to make it very tough for the RB's and O-Line to consistently be ready for their chance when it gets yanked away at the last second.

I guess I wouldn't be quick to throw Wentz under the bus, but I also wouldn't be quick to defend him and say all accusations are without merit. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Reading the article, there wasn't a lot in there that didn't seem plausible.

And oh yeah, RTO has me pegged, that's for sure.
    Last edited by TransAmBison; 01-21-2019 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Too lazy to write it all the first time.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]