Page 2235 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1235173521352185222522332234223522362237224522852335 ... LastLast
Results 22,341 to 22,350 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

[QUOTE=Snowgoose;1323835]You are quite funny. I never said Wentz was a HOF. He needs to stay healthy to have a great career. There are way too many people that forget how most HOF QBs grew into their career and how most started out fairly inconsistent. It seems like most started to excel in year 4 and 5. That was my point and that Wentz has actually started off really well except for the injuries. Big Ben didn't get decent for more than five years.

I was a huge Elway rube, but if I was honest he was terribly inconsistent (until the last two minutes anyway) until Shanahan came along which was over eight years into his career. People these days just like to bash current athletes without thinking about real history and facts.

Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and then won the superbowl his second year... Wentz hasn't done anything yet... Wentz hasn't even kept up with Dak Prescott in his own division at this point after 3 years... I love Wentz but he is teetering on bust status if he doesn't come on strong next year... and play the entire year.

And people might forget Wentz was old coming into the NFL- he is 22 months older than Goff and they were drafted at the same time. Wentz has missed out on at least an entire years worth of stats compared to most young QB in the NFL at this same point.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and then won the superbowl his second year... Wentz hasn't done anything yet... Wentz hasn't even kept up with Dak Prescott in his own division at this point after 3 years... I love Wentz but he is teetering on bust status if he doesn't come on strong next year... and play the entire year.
    No, just no, in regards to "bust status." If you want to know what a bust is, this is it:

In regards to Carson, just remember, a little more than a year ago, he was highly talked about to be that season's MVP....in only his second year. How on Earth do you come up with "bust" from what Wentz has done so far in his young career is mind-boggling to me. Injury prone - yes. Bust - absolutely no.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMHO Wentz is nowhere near the "bust status". He isn't even having that bad of a year. His defense and OL are atrocious and Pederson hasn't put him in the best spot many times all season long. Sure Carson has the ability to audible in and out of plays but still. Not every season can me like the one he had last year minus the injury. Being in MVP consideration in the NFL does put you near "bust status". Just my opinion and respectfully disagree.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and then won the superbowl his second year... Wentz hasn't done anything yet... Wentz hasn't even kept up with Dak Prescott in his own division at this point after 3 years... I love Wentz but he is teetering on bust status if he doesn't come on strong next year... and play the entire year.[/QUOTE]

If you think Big Ben had much to do with winning the title his second year than you must also think Dilfer had a lot to do with winning the title for the Ravens. Big Ben did not have a good year till his fourth year. Up till that point he was strictly a game manager and their defense and running game won the titles. Football is such a team game it is unreal and people forget that. Wentz's team sucked this year and he was an MVP candidate last year and would have had a great chance to win it last year. By the way Wentz year this year with missing what five games is way better than the year Big Ben won the title. Wentz year last year was better than any year Big Ben has had in his career except for two of them. If he is a bust Big Ben is a pretty big bust.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

https://twitter.com/eliotshorrparks/...79871301283841

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Wentz put the Eagles in the position to win the Superbowl and was in the MVP conversation until he got hurt.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    .[/QUOTE]

FYI....go to a Cowboys forum such as cowboys zone.com, majority see dak as at most a bus driver needing a lot of talent around him. Dak brings back memories of Quincy carter abilities for a lot of people
    Big running concern on not giving dak a big 2nd contract hamstringing talent retention in other positions that dak needs to be competitive

Given the choice they'd bring Carson in in a heartbeat
    Some rumors of Cowboys interest in 49rs Mullens

FYI OP quote above is from fm fantasy, not Snowgoose.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I never said he was a bust I said if he doesn't have a solid full year next year he will be teetering on the edge of that... by the time he throws a pass again at the earliest he will be a 26.7 yr old 21 months removed from the last time anyone mentioned mvp.. people rip Dak all the time and he beat Wentz For ROY and has beat him head to head as well.. only good game wentz won against cowboys he had a super bowl roster and Zeke was suspended. and for the guy comparing Wentz to Big ben just stop... by the time Ben was 26 he had 8 playoff wins, 2 superbowls and already well on his way to the HOF....