Page 2232 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1232173221322182222222302231223222332234224222822332 ... LastLast
Results 22,311 to 22,320 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Is it me or does every NFL team have an issue with the lack of good Offensive Lineman? If yes, what's the culprit? My guess, it's the combo of the current CBA in the NFL (not getting enough practice time in) along with the lack of development at the college level due to the RPO system (high school football, IMO) taking over about a decade ago. With the RPO system getting more popular in the NFL, this problem might be getting worse.

With that said, super-bummed about Carson. Wishing him the best!
    It's true. Look how often guys get stuffed on 3rd or 4th and short situations. Offensive lines basically don't stand a chance now. That's why teams always pass the ball from the 1

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Or it may be that Carson was playing so poorly that it affected the performance of the whole team.
    No, based on how little protection the OL played all year long, I wouldn’t put the blame on Carson.

Also, the Eagles’ defense is playing better too.

Last year, we saw how good the Eagles can be when everyone is being responsible for their role. This year, I didn’t see a lot of ownership among the players.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Carson Wentz

No, based on how little protection the OL played all year long, I wouldn’t put the blame on Carson.

Also, the Eagles’ defense is playing better too.

Last year, we saw how good the Eagles can be when everyone is being responsible for their role. This year, I didn’t see a lot of ownership among the players.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    i dont know about that. Wentz may need a different platform than the Eagles. He just always seems to be under pressure, and it may be him causing it.

Is this his last Rookie contract year? If so, I could see the Eagles letting him lose, and not so sure he shouldn’t accept it. It’s like a bad, tumultuous relationship. Wentz finishes a game sweating his ass off. Meanwhile, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and co. show no signs of it. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    i dont know about that. Wentz may need a different platform than the Eagles. He just always seems to be under pressure, and it may be him causing it.

Is this his last Rookie contract year? If so, I could see the Eagles letting him lose, and not so sure he shouldn’t accept it. It’s like a bad, tumultuous relationship. Wentz finishes a game sweating his ass off. Meanwhile, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and co. show no signs of it. Odd.

It’s only his third year. This offseason, the Eagle will have to decide to exercise Wentz’s fifth year option.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Or it may be that Carson was playing so poorly that it affected the performance of the whole team.
    Wentz actually didn't play that bad this year. Sometimes does hold onto ball too long. Did get sacked a bunch and the defense usually wasnt there. D playing much better tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wentz actually didn't play that bad this year. Sometimes does hold onto ball too long. Did get sacked a bunch and the defense usually wasnt there. D playing much better tonight
    I just think/feel he plays too intense and doesn’t let himself get a feel for things and relax. Growing pains maybe, but it’s there.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If I was to complain something about Carson’s game this year, it would be his over reliance on Ertz. He’s a great TE, but the other receivers are good too. No need to become too predictable.

Hail the BISON!!!

If I was to complain something about Carson’s game this year, it would be his over reliance on Ertz. He’s a great TE, but the other receivers are good too. No need to become too predictable.

I wonder what next week will be like for Foles. After tonight, everyone sees he's favoring Jeffery as much as Carson favored Ertz. Will Foles continue to be as successful when future opponents adjust to that from the start of the game?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nick Foles isn't winning this game. The team is. Wentz is not THE problem. He has improvements to make, but the Eagles are where they are because of sloppy play at unfortunate times. I think the Cowboys and Saints were his worst games. The entire team minus Jenkins threw in the towel on the Saints and Wentz was clearly injured during the Cowboys game.

Sorry, I'm just waiting for all the hot takes to come in from the media.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wentz has had a much better start to his career than Big Ben and other hall of famers. I think people forgot how poor some hall of famers played their first 3 plus years. Go back and look at some QBs stats and you will be surprised how well Wentz matches up and exceeds them. Plus it seems they all had two poor years in their first five.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.