Page 2189 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1189168920892139217921872188218921902191219922392289 ... LastLast
Results 21,881 to 21,890 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    THE NUMBER THAT MATTERS: 68.4
    That’s Wentz’s completion percentage through four games. Here are his numbers so far this year compared to last year.
    Comp.% YPA TD/INT Net/pass play
    2017 60.2 7.5 4.7 6.7
    2018 68.4 7.5 8 6.4
    Wentz took just one sack on Thursday night. He’s thrown eight touchdowns and one interception on the season. His completion percentage is up, and his YPA is steady. Take Wentz’s numbers through four starts and extrapolate them over a 16-game season, and you come up with: 4,768 yards, 32 touchdowns and four interceptions.
    Not bad for a guy coming off of a serious knee injury.
    Wentz > Dak

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz > Dak > Emory Hunt
    and...…………...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This is the problem. His oline is getting bullrushed right back into him every time. The tackles have been especially bad this season. They need to improve their technique. I saw a stat that he was actually getting rid of the ball faster then the league average and still getting tons of pressure because the oline is so bad. They give him enough time and he will pick defenses apart. Even with all the oline issues and injuries he's actually been better statistically this season. His accuracy has improved considerably as evidenced by his improved completion percentage. That first TD pass last night was insanely good and very few if any other QB's can make that throw on the run.
    Exactly what I was referring to in regard to his line getting pushed back into his shallow pocket. Deepen the pocket to start and allow him to move up into it when its clean, this also allows for him to slide
    outside as well, where he tends to make his really big plays happen down field. This guy is really special in space.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Exactly what I was referring to in regard to his line getting pushed back into his shallow pocket. Deepen the pocket to start and allow him to move up into it when its clean, this also allows for him to slide
    outside as well, where he tends to make his really big plays happen down field. This guy is really special in space.
    The problem is not from a shallow or deep drop it's from the oline not anchoring. You drop deeper your tackles get exposed to outside technique. The oline needs to do a better job with their punch and anchor.

This is the problem. His oline is getting bullrushed right back into him every time. The tackles have been especially bad this season. They need to improve their technique. I saw a stat that he was actually getting rid of the ball faster then the league average and still getting tons of pressure because the oline is so bad. They give him enough time and he will pick defenses apart. Even with all the oline issues and injuries he's actually been better statistically this season. His accuracy has improved considerably as evidenced by his improved completion percentage. That first TD pass last night was insanely good and very few if any other QB's can make that throw on the run.
    I heard the same stat about Carson getting rid of the ball quickly. The pass blocking simply has not been very good. And then there are the plays like the one where Carson scrambled for 6+ seconds and threw a near-impossible TD pass to Alshon Jeffry.

BTW, during the radio segment, they also said that the o/u on the number of Saquon Barkley's rushing yardage was ~55. Man, if I did any sports gambling, I'd have jumped on that.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There were times this season where Carson also needed to move up in the pocket, but I'm not sure if he completely senses that pressure behind him yet. Just my opinion. Sorry for the homerless post.

The problem is not from a shallow or deep drop it's from the oline not anchoring. You drop deeper your tackles get exposed to outside technique. The oline needs to do a better job with their punch and anchor.
    Thats why I stated he could step up into a clean pocket when the outsides converge. He's also really good at moving forward and sliding outside. I just see him getting hurt SOON if he stays in the shallow pocket they have him in now. He got hit hard a number of times last night sitting in that shallow pocket. I could see him damaging his throwing hand on a helmet as well. Its pretty tight in there.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    There were times this season where Carson also needed to move up in the pocket, but I'm not sure if he completely senses that pressure behind him yet. Just my opinion. Sorry for the homerless post.
    I agree with this. Last year was unreal. Carson could sense pressure before i could even see it coming. This year, he isn't sensing it quite fast enough yet. It is the biggest difference IMO. Well, besides the fact that Carson's accuracy has actually improved this year.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Thats why I stated he could step up into a clean pocket when the outsides converge. He's also really good at moving forward and sliding outside. I just see him getting hurt SOON if he stays in the shallow pocket they have him in now. He got hit hard a number of times last night sitting in that shallow pocket. I could see him damaging his throwing hand on a helmet as well. Its pretty tight in there.
    I just watched the highlights again from last night and every throw that was shown he was between 7 - 10 yards off the LOS. Every time in the shotgun he was 5 yards from the LOS and then most of the time he was dropping an extra 5 yards. Under center he almost always was 10 yards from the LOS but a lot of them last night they moved the pocket.

I also just watched highlights of Brees and Brady and every shotgun was 5 yards from the LOS. Brady just doesn't drop as much as they were all short timing routes. Brees almost always dropped to 10 yards.

Now those were just highlights but it was consistent between all three. Differences were Brady stepped into a clean pocket consistently, they moved Brees to get his clean pocket and Carson was most of the time stepping into a mess. That comes down to offensive line play. The Center and Guards have got to clean it up.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz > Dak
    Wentz>Goff>a stack of wet paper towels>Dak