Page 2155 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1155165520552105214521532154215521562157216522052255 ... LastLast
Results 21,541 to 21,550 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Imagine being the Super Bowl MVP and having to take the backseat to that other guy...
    Despite popular belief, having a good game isnt that big of a deal. What if Spegyn Wynn won a couple of games and wins a Super Bowl MVP, which is typically won by the QB.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I love Carson to death as a player, role model, positive voice for NDSU and a great community figure....., but I don’t think he will ever learn, and unfortunately he will have a short career.

This injury involved not one but two major ligaments. Anyone from the outside looking in and see how this has a chance to unfold..RG3 2.0.

Sit down and wait it out until the trade deadline. Foles is capable and is not going to steal Carson’s job. Best case scenario is Foles plays well, Eagles trade him at the deadline and Carson takes the Eagles back to the super bowl.

If he rushes back, it will do nobody any good. The best thing he can do for his team is be there for the next decade not the next month or two.
    I dont think you can compare Carsons athleticism to RG3. That's just silly. Wentz only ran 64 times for 299 yards last year and many of those were probably QB sneaks. Hes a pocket passer who moves around

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    His rookie year I would agree he made some poor choices. I thought he was much better at getting down or avoiding big hits last year. The play he got injured was a fluke deal and I'm still not entirely sure he didn't sustain the injury just pryor to diving into the endzone rather then the hit.
    For some odd reason, many people believe QBs are totally safe in the pocket.

Be glad I didn't post the Theismann injury.

Truth is, as I've stated a long time ago about Carson's play and injuries, he's participating in a violent sport played by huge men. Injuries are going to happen regardless how safe one plays. Those who go on to play long careers are either lucky or genetically gifted. Peyton Manning played it safe and had a long career, but he did get hurt. Brett Favre did not play it safe and had a long career, and he too go hurt.

I see no reason for Carson to change his play unless teams learn to adjust and it affects his production.
    Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm all for Carson being Carson but if he minimizes the shots he takes that will increase the odds of him having a longer career. Throwing the ball away and living to see another down will do more for him than getting tackled for a 3-4 yard gain on a random second down.

He made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2 as far as playing ability goes. I have no doubt year 3 will even be better and he'll make adjustments to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It is just preseason but 3rd stringer Nate Sudfeld has been pretty good throwing for 450 yards and 5 TDs in two games. It's widely speculated that the Eagles will carry 3 QBs on the 53 man roster since it's unlikely they can get Sudfeld through waivers and onto the practice squad. I've heard there's actually a trade market for Sudfeld even so the Eagles definitely have the depth to move one of their QBs if the right offer comes along.
    Coaches like what they see with Nate. Got to meet him at Carson’s wedding. Big tall dude. Great guy. If he continues to impress and a QB goes down I can see the Eagles trading Foles.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Still amazes me looking at some Philly fans comments thinking that Foles is the better QB. He had two good games, maybe?
    I retweet alot of them.

thats why CARSON NEEDS TO RUN AWAY FROM FILTHADELPHIA

fanbase is such A holes , its disgusting.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Coaches like what they see with Nate. Got to meet him at Carson’s wedding. Big tall dude. Great guy. If he continues to impress and a QB goes down I can see the Eagles trading Foles.
    The thing with Foles is that he is limited to a certain type of offense in order to be successful. The Eagles coaching staff did a tremendous job of changing their system to be built around his strengths, otherwise they do not win the Super Bowl, or maybe even get there.

Seems to me that the Eagles fans who are enamored with Foles have forgotten how bad he played until the NFC Championship Game (yes, he did pretty good also in the first game he replaced Carson when the Eagles played the Giants).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The thing with Foles is that he is limited to a certain type of offense in order to be successful. The Eagles coaching staff did a tremendous job of changing their system to be built around his strengths, otherwise they do not win the Super Bowl, or maybe even get there.

Seems to me that the Eagles fans who are enamored with Foles have forgotten how bad he played until the NFC Championship Game (yes, he did pretty good also in the first game he replaced Carson when the Eagles played the Giants).
    Very true but teams get desperate when their QB goes down. Look no further than the Vikes getting Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Very true but teams get desperate when their QB goes down. Look no further than the Vikes getting Bradford
    Teams that I am guessing who would be interested in Foles if their starter went down early in the season and have a chance at the playoffs:

1) Los Angeles Rams
    2) New Orleans Saints
    3) Los Angeles Chargers
    4) Buffalo Bills
    5) Houston Texans
    6) Kansas City Chiefs
    7) Tennessee Titans
    8) Dallas Cowboys
    9) Carolina Panthers
    10) Pittsburgh Steelers
    11) Miami Dolphins
    12) New York Giants
    13) New England Patriots
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We must be watching different games. Wentz is a bit reckless with his body.
    I think he played reckless during his rookie year. There was a noticeable difference between that and last year. Last year, he was more calculated with the contact that he took. It is sensible to dive for the end zone in a close game, even if you are going to take a hit. His most reckless moment last year was when he tried to plow through two defenders to get to the end zone. If i recall, he was still a few yards away, not quite a goal line play. Experience will comtinue to teach him when to pursue extra yards and when to let them go.