Page 2153 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1153165320532103214321512152215321542155216322032253 ... LastLast
Results 21,521 to 21,530 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I always take the players comments on how they feel after an injury with a grain of salt. I mean, Carson 'felt fine' during USD when he got hurt with us. Just imagine how bad an injury would be that a player would say "Yeah, I don't feel great at practice" to the media? Verge of death probably.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-week-1-eagles

Enough with this nonsense the Eagles should give Wentz extra time to heal even if he is cleared to play. At that point, doctors are literally saying he’s 100 percent. He isn’t going to get any more healed than that.

No Yeah, but’s. No deep dives into the historical data of ACL injuries. No crying Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles “deserves” to start Week 1. No discussion, period.

This is a decision that will be left up to medical professionals. If they say Wentz is good, that really ought to be enough.

I love Carson to death as a player, role model, positive voice for NDSU and a great community figure....., but I don’t think he will ever learn, and unfortunately he will have a short career.

This injury involved not one but two major ligaments. Anyone from the outside looking in and see how this has a chance to unfold..RG3 2.0.

Sit down and wait it out until the trade deadline. Foles is capable and is not going to steal Carson’s job. Best case scenario is Foles plays well, Eagles trade him at the deadline and Carson takes the Eagles back to the super bowl.

If he rushes back, it will do nobody any good. The best thing he can do for his team is be there for the next decade not the next month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post

Enough with this nonsense the Eagles should give Wentz extra time to heal even if he is cleared to play. At that point, doctors are literally saying he’s 100 percent. He isn’t going to get any more healed than that.

No Yeah, but’s. No deep dives into the historical data of ACL injuries. No crying Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles “deserves” to start Week 1. No discussion, period.

This is a decision that will be left up to medical professionals. If they say Wentz is good, that really ought to be enough.
    A couple factors come into play here I think that makes the Eagles want to intentionally cloud the situation:
    1) They want to make Atlanta have to prepare for both Foles and Wentz.
    2) They want to maintain Foles' trade value at as high a level as possible and by claiming they're still unsure whether Wentz can start in week 1 (when they probably already know that he can) they can demand more for Foles since they can claim as of now he's still their QB1.

The cover of Sports Illustrated's NFL preview issue:

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I love Carson to death as a player, role model, positive voice for NDSU and a great community figure....., but I don’t think he will ever learn, and unfortunately he will have a short career.

This injury involved not one but two major ligaments. Anyone from the outside looking in and see how this has a chance to unfold..RG3 2.0.

Sit down and wait it out until the trade deadline. Foles is capable and is not going to steal Carson’s job. Best case scenario is Foles plays well, Eagles trade him at the deadline and Carson takes the Eagles back to the super bowl.

If he rushes back, it will do nobody any good. The best thing he can do for his team is be there for the next decade not the next month or two.
    Why do you say he will never learn? He's forgot more then you will ever know. He was much more willing to avoid hits last season compared to 2016, he will continue to get better at that as he gets older and wiser.
    Plenty of other QB's have had similar injuries and came back to perform at a high level. The RG3 comparison is completely ridiculous considering RG3 was never a great QB, he was a great athlete who played QB. He didn't read defenses or study the game like Carson has since HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    A couple factors come into play here I think that makes the Eagles want to intentionally cloud the situation:
    1) They want to make Atlanta have to prepare for both Foles and Wentz.
    2) They want to maintain Foles' trade value at as high a level as possible and by claiming they're still unsure whether Wentz can start in week 1 (when they probably already know that he can) they can demand more for Foles since they can claim as of now he's still their QB1.
    I agree with this, in fact I'm thinking he has already been cleared for contact. They just aren't going to risk anything during meaningless preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post

As much as I want him to play on day 1 it strikes as the Coaches decision whether he plays or not even if he medically cleared.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Seriously? The guy is one of the smartest players in the NFL. Not to mention HOW Wentz wrecked his knee was a fluke. A random occurrence. It's not like he planted to make a cut or tried to hurdle someone. He left his feet... There was no pressure on his knee. The odds of being sandwiched the way he was are so low I'd be willing to make the dive. It's rare he takes a hit that's hard enough to injure him. RG3 doesn't have the brain or arm to play without his legs. Carson does. But he'll have his legs. And he will continue to use them to help his team win games. He's smart with the ball and his body and if you can't see that, we're watching different games.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Seriously? The guy is one of the smartest players in the NFL. Not to mention HOW Wentz wrecked his knee was a fluke. A random occurrence. It's not like he planted to make a cut or tried to hurdle someone. He left his feet... There was no pressure on his knee. The odds of being sandwiched the way he was are so low I'd be willing to make the dive. It's rare he takes a hit that's hard enough to injure him. RG3 doesn't have the brain or arm to play without his legs. Carson does. But he'll have his legs. And he will continue to use them to help his team win games. He's smart with the ball and his body and if you can't see that, we're watching different games.
    We must be watching different games. Wentz is a bit reckless with his body.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Why would you compare Carson to RGIII? Yes, both use their legs as part of their game, but only one of them relies on them dearly while the other also has an arm and brain to make-up for the difference.
    Hail the BISON!!!