Page 2134 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1134163420342084212421322133213421352136214421842234 ... LastLast
Results 21,331 to 21,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

You can look at Brady as an example (maybe not a great one because he's about as slow as they come) but he just throws the ball away and lives to see another down. Carson will make changes and be smart about it. If his improvement from year 1 to year 2 is any indication he'll make adjustments as needed from year 2 to year 3.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    I guess I just don't see Carson changing much, he is the player he is because he is competitive as heck and darn tough also. Attachment 8396
    He is tough but not indestructible. He has already broken a wrist, had cracked ribs and torn his LCL and ACL in the last three seasons. If he doesn't modify his style of play in the NFL he is cruising for a career-ending injury. He is not the only tough one playing the game.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Pretty remarkable really.
    It really is considering he played with reckless abandon too

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    He is tough but not indestructible. He has already broken a wrist, had cracked ribs and torn his LCL and ACL in the last three seasons. If he doesn't modify his style of play in the NFL he is cruising for a career-ending injury. He is not the only tough one playing the game.
    Obviously, no one is, but the wrist and rib injury occurred when he was standing in the pocket. Injuries happen, it's football, tough game. But you can't put the guy in a bubble because he's from NDSU and we all want him to excel. He's going to play to win the game. Need a first down, yup, going for it. Chance to score 6 instead of 3, yup. Might shorten his career but that's why people love him, he plays the game the way it was meant to be played. Shucks, I guess he is a little like Favre.

Obviously, no one is, but the wrist and rib injury occurred when he was standing in the pocket. Injuries happen, it's football, tough game. But you can't put the guy in a bubble because he's from NDSU and we all want him to excel. He's going to play to win the game. Need a first down, yup, going for it. Chance to score 6 instead of 3, yup. Might shorten his career but that's why people love him, he plays the game the way it was meant to be played. Shucks, I guess he is a little like Favre.
    No one has or is suggesting that he be put in a bubble because he is from NDSU . The gist of it is that he is a valuable part of the team and all of his coaches and even the players agree that he needs to be play smarter and do more to protect himself. Whether he changes his style of play or keeps taking chances like he did against the Rams remains to be seen. And the point of the two injuries in the pocket is that they are still wear and tear on his body and take a cumulative toll.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Carson is going to be Carson. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Enough said, thanks.

Enough said, thanks.
    Defensive coaches are smart enough to bait him into running.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Then it is a good thing the Eagles are holding on to Foles.
    Paul Fix