Page 2091 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10911591199120412081208920902091209220932101214121912591 ... LastLast
Results 20,901 to 20,910 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    The Carolina game I wanna say he tried to run over a safety and got stood up right at the goal line. A nice reminder he's not going against FCS db's anymore.
    No he wasn't stood up. He knocked the Carolina D back backwards and as he was falling backwards, the Carolina DT behind him caught him and stood him up. So he took on 2 players. That Dback was a sandwich between Wentz and a D tackle.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't believe any of Carson's injuries in his career, both college or professional, can be attributed to risks he took against a defender or a defender imposing his will on Carson. Most if not all his injuries are the result of pushing the limits of a very tall, athletic and strong body. Just don't see how he cuts back on athleticism at just the right times to prevent injury. The runs never got him hurt. I believe the ankle, wrist and rib injuries were fluke things that happened while in or moving out of the pocket and finishing a throw. Not sure about the knee, but likely sudden pivots, changing direction and lunging with a big body did damage over time. That is what he will need to curtail.
    Carson is a competitor and what makes him special is his drive to get the job done every play. I don't see that changing.
    I disagree completely. Of course his ACL was based on a risk he took against defenders. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning don't take that risk, and lasted 15+ years in the league. Not sure Aaron Rodgers takes that risk, especially on a 1st and goal during a regular season game. Elway did it, but in a Super Bowl. Wentz's own teammate was caught on camera during the ACL play saying "He's got to stop doing that", before he even knew there was an injury.

I'm not saying Carson should change what he does, but if Carson plays the same way on his return, his career probably lasts less than 10 years. His career may be excellent, but it will definitely be a shorter lived career than the all time greats.

is it safe to ask yet about cw old wrist injury?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I disagree completely. Of course his ACL was based on a risk he took against defenders. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning don't take that risk, and lasted 15+ years in the league. Not sure Aaron Rodgers takes that risk, especially on a 1st and goal during a regular season game. Elway did it, but in a Super Bowl. Wentz's own teammate was caught on camera during the ACL play saying "He's got to stop doing that", before he even knew there was an injury.

I'm not saying Carson should change what he does, but if Carson plays the same way on his return, his career probably lasts less than 10 years. His career may be excellent, but it will definitely be a shorter lived career than the all time greats.
    I was kind of in the camp the injury just kind of happens and is a part of football. But I do agree with you, there are situations where that type of risk isn't needed. 1st and goal isn't one of them, throw it away and you have two more shots at the end zone. If you watch the replay he had a window to the end zone but it closed really fast.

Tom Brady tore an ACL too. Just about every QB has missed games due to injury. It's a contact sport. I don't think his career will be shorter because of how he plays. I think as he gets older he will be more of a pocket passer though.

Peyton Manning had no injury issues? Interesting. Why did he get forced out of Indy again?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Manning, Brady, both sit down in the pocket and move well in space as to create time and throwing lanes. Wentz has this same knack and ability, however, he better have learned his lesson as it caught up to him in the end. Every QB gets injured, even playing smart. However, your days are numbered if you think you can run into defenders. Those two tacklers that wrecked wentz knee's targeted his knee's as was clear in the replay. Nothing dirty at all but they took the shot where they did as the TD was a given but the outcome was on them as defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't believe any of Carson's injuries in his career, both college or professional, can be attributed to risks he took against a defender or a defender imposing his will on Carson. Most if not all his injuries are the result of pushing the limits of a very tall, athletic and strong body. Just don't see how he cuts back on athleticism at just the right times to prevent injury. The runs never got him hurt. I believe the ankle, wrist and rib injuries were fluke things that happened while in or moving out of the pocket and finishing a throw. Not sure about the knee, but likely sudden pivots, changing direction and lunging with a big body did damage over time. That is what he will need to curtail.
    Carson is a competitor and what makes him special is his drive to get the job done every play. I don't see that changing.
    I actually don't worry about an acute injury but instead with the cumulative effects of the hits on his body over time. Taking on defenders every play is probably not advisable. You have running backs for that. (In his defense he has done a better job sliding).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I think many experts have said the injury to Carson's knee was not caused by defender impact during the dive into the end zone. Rather the knee was likely damaged previously and then the tear completed as a result of the dive. On the football field Carson often makes all sorts of moves that defy what is thought possible with a tall QB frame. My point is those moves have resulted in damage to his body not impact with a defender. The only injury directly caused by a defender was the cracked rib in 2016 preseason action. Carson exposed his ribs when he waited until the last second to throw. I think Carson is tough enough to take a few knocks on the field. And yes he should try to avoid them when possible, but I don't think Wentz is as frail as Brady or Manning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Manning, Brady, both sit down when they pee.
    Modified for accuracy.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."