Page 2076 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10761576197620262066207420752076207720782086212621762576 ... LastLast
Results 20,751 to 20,760 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'd agree with that. He made huge plays all through the playoffs. I think his remaining time in Philly will be short, but I do hope he ends up someplace better than Cleveland.

Even if he doesn't start another game in Philly, those 6 games made him millions and he will never need to buy his own beer in that city for the rest of his life.
    If he retires right now, and opens up a church in Philly....he'll be doing fine Joel Osteen-style
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'd agree with that. He made huge plays all through the playoffs. I think his remaining time in Philly will be short, but I do hope he ends up someplace better than Cleveland.

Even if he doesn't start another game in Philly, those 6 games made him millions and he will never need to buy his own beer in that city for the rest of his life.
    Someone brought it up in the random thoughts thread but it's important to note how a few of these guys really sucked under Jeff Fisher. If that guy ever gets a job again shame on the franchise that does it.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the last seven seasons, whenever NDSU wins a championship, Carson Wentz wins a championship.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Only if you are talking about over paid QBs managers think are franchise QBs. When you have a true franchise QB, like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Tom Brady, and the like, that isn’t necessarily true. I don’t agree with you, you are generalizing and making assumptions that there is a paucity of facts to support.
    I don't know what paucity means. Here's an article on Superbowl winning quarterbacks https://overthecap.com/super-bowl-ti...-quarterbacks/. Hint: it hasn't paid off to have a QB, any QB eat up a lot of salary. The article is from before the Superbowl last year but I don't think it changes much because of the voodoo math involved with TB12s contract and obviously Foles' backup contract this year.

Steve Young's salary in '94, the first year of the salary cap, was the highest percentage at 13.1%. Next was Eli Manning at 11.7%, Peyton Manning at 10.4% and Brett Favre at 10.2%. Those are the only 4 that were more than 10% of their teams salary. Going by that 13.1% number with the cap expected to be $178 mil, that puts the number at $23.32 mil for next year, $17.80 is obviously 10%.

So no it's not just teams with GMs who've made horrible overreaction QB contracts like Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Joe Flacco and whoever backs up a Brinks truck for Kirk Cousins.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 02-06-2018 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Added Alex Smith per bisonaudit's request.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I don't know what paucity means. Here's an article on Superbowl winning quarterbacks https://overthecap.com/super-bowl-ti...-quarterbacks/. Hint: it hasn't paid off to have a QB, any QB eat up a lot of salary. The article is from before the Superbowl last year but I don't think it changes much because of the voodoo math involved with TB12s contract and obviously Foles' backup contract this year.

Steve Young's salary in '94, the first year of the salary cap, was the highest percentage at 13.1%. Next was Eli Manning at 11.7%, Peyton Manning at 10.4% and Brett Favre at 10.2%. Those are the only 4 that were more than 10% of their teams salary. Going by that 13.1% number with the cap expected to be $178 mil, that puts the number at $23.32 mil for next year, $17.80 is obviously 10%.

So no it's not just teams with GMs who've made horrible overreaction QB contracts like Derek Carr, Joe Flacco and whoever backs up a Brinks truck for Kirk Cousins.

I’d appreciate it if you added Alex Smith to that list so that it at least approaches a proper reflection of Washington’s ineptitude.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Philadelphia joins New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles as the only cities with a team to win the World Series, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl and NBA title.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Philadelphia joins New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles as the only cities with a team to win the World Series, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl and NBA title.
    Interesting. Where did you find that info? Are there any with 3 of the 4?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Interesting. Where did you find that info? Are there any with 3 of the 4?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Dallas
    Miami
    St Louis

Dallas, being the only one that has a team that competes for all 4, if you count the Rangers as being from Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    hadnt it been since like 1983 that they’d won anything though?

of course Chicago and Boston had famous dry spells as well.

Philly is the only one on that list without multiple teams in any of the leagues as well.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie