Page 2057 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10571557195720072047205520562057205820592067210721572557 ... LastLast
Results 20,561 to 20,570 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    You know what the difference is... The Vikings fanbase (just like the NDSU fanbase) frowns on that. The organization frowns on that. The media frowns on it... With the Eagles its "Hey, we are blue collar tough here. If you can't take it, you should stay away. Snowflake.... By the way, its too cold in Minneapolis. Its like 18 degrees!"
    The majority of Eagles fans that i've come across hate that kind of behavior too. They take no issue with the booing or a little heckling as that occurs everywhere, but they hate the knuckleheads that give them a bad name. I haven't seen one eagles fan that has been defending the beer can incident. It is time to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Thanks, kind of thought others would pickup on it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The majority of Eagles fans that i've come across hate that kind of behavior too. They take no issue with the booing or a little heckling as that occurs everywhere, but they hate the knuckleheads that give them a bad name. I haven't seen one eagles fan that has been defending the beer can incident. It is time to get over it.
    Asking Vikings fans to get over it? Easier said than done.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Asking Vikings fans to get over it? Easier said than done.
    Yet it's the people complaining about Vikings fans that keep this drift going.

I agree that Vikings fans need to let it go but I saw this picture of a bar in MSP on twitter earlier this week that made me chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Most things I have read out of Philly usually sound like this. "Hey, throwing things and slamming people into walls is taking it to far.... BUT we have a passionate blue collar, fan base. We can be aholes but we are tough although we whine about the Minnesota 'cold'.".

As others have mentioned, that level of stupidity wouldn't happen at NDSU, because the fanbase wouldn't accept it. There wouldn't be qualifier about "You don't understand" or "It's the way we are.". Just an observation.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yet it's the people complaining about Vikings fans that keep this drift going.
    Yeah, like elected officials. Purple...but not really.

Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey can’t stand welcoming Eagles fans

i hope deon was there to give country bumpkin mike a good old fashion "child please!" after those questions...whats the over under on wtf is wrong with yous from "the national types" ? lol...damn fool...what an embarrassment moorhead state must be proud

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I agree that Vikings fans need to let it go but I saw this picture of a bar in MSP on twitter earlier this week that made me chuckle:

That made me chuckle as well. Also laughed at the video of the Mayor. It was obviously done in jest. I think a golden opportunity was missed. Minneapolis could have had a little fun with the situation. Make some PSA signs and videos showing visiting fans how to properly use a beer can etc. If any fan base would appreciate snark it would be Philly.

Last year in Philly I had a blast at the Vikings game. In the huge sports bar next to the stadium a ballsy group of Vikings fans started the fight song but the MC came on the mic and led the Eagles fans in their fight song to drown out the Vikings fans. Rowdiest most lively fan interactions I've been a part of . Very in your face but never was I scared or not enjoying the situation. Granted we had a mix of Vikings, Eagles and NDSU gear in our group. Lots of shit talking and tons of back and forth but at the end of the game a group of Vikings fans not associated with us that were seated near us congratulated the Eagles fans around them and everyone shook hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Olton Hall View Post
    Today's Wentz related sighting while driving home was a bill board that said "From Wentz We Came. In Foles We Trust"
    I got of photo of the billboard today. I heard there are 6 billboards in PA and NJ with this message. I so glad I don't have to work in Eagles territory the rest of this week.
    20180131_151850 by Olton Hall, on Flickr