Page 2020 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10201520192019702010201820192020202120222030207021202520 ... LastLast
Results 20,191 to 20,200 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not sure what happened to the Vikes defense over the last 6quarters but they have looked really bad. Not sure if it's Foles playing like Drew Brees or if the Vikes were just going to make anyone look good. Foles is helping himself get a pay raise with someone though.
    Not a Viking fan, but I'd say the injury bug finally bit them. The defense went the entire year pretty much injury free. Started seeing guys go down against the Saints and a few more yesterday. Made a big difference in the way that unit played IMO. To be honest, I don't think Sendejo should have been allowed on the field yesterday. He just didn't have it.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Eagles definitely wouldn't be were they are now this year without Wentz. Pretty amazing how well Foles played last night considering how bad the offense looked since Wentz went down.

Philly should hold onto Foles until Wentz has recovered. Then trade him away to another QB desperate team ala Bradford and the Vikes. Then pick up another competent backup somewhere. Eagles fans who don't see this as the smart play are too stupid to reason with.
    You need two good QB's. Foles is a good system QB but yesterday was the best possible scenario for him everyone played out of their minds. When he first took over Foles was heavily criticized. He needs to do it for more than a few games. He's not mobile and now there is film on him. Teams will adjust. If I'm the Eagles I would absolutely keep him because Carson has a long ways to go before he's back and for a team like the Eagles, you need a QB who knows how to run the system. Without Foles the Eagles have no shot without Wentz

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If Foles wins the super bowl I would trade him when the commodity is at its highest and if he loses I would still dangle him out there and see who bites. The last thing you want to be dealing with is any inkling of a QB controversy. In the NFL you don't have the luxury of stashing someone on the bench as you will lose him as soon as his contract is up anyway. Someone will overpay or you can get a starter at another position for him. Heck bolster the O line to protect your starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    At minimum I have separated from that bitch of a team for the past 7 years. Reconciliation is not possible. I have no feeling left for the queen of football and have enjoyed my freedom to enjoy life again. My life of misery and depression with an annoying and difficult to understand team is over. Life with no steady team was great for 5 years and I could focus on the younger college game. Wow, how exciting! Now thanks to Carson Wentz I have found someone in the NFL to believe in. I think my divorce from the Vikes is now complete since I have not been with them for this long. There is hope after losing your first love.
    Welcome to the club!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'd feel more safe in the black hole in Oakland than what I saw in Philly
    What did you see

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I do find it ironic that there were plenty of guys flipping the bird yelling "fuck the vikings!" while wearing a Wentz jeresy. That's about as far away from how Wentz would act as you can get.
    Boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    The irnony in a post like this...on Bisonville.

When you win games, you have success. When you have success, you have fans and media.

Now you know how every other team in the FCS feels about NDSU.
    Yeah but we didn't cheat that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Carson isn't really the face of that because loyalty is minimal in the NFL and I think people will differentiate between fans and players. Eagle fans are more fickle than most. If Foles wins or even plays well vs the Pats, Eagle fans will turn on Carson at the slightest struggle and you will see QB controversy among that fanbase big time. The only way that scenario ends well for Carson is if he wins a Super Bowl. This is setting up for him to be under tremendous pressure next season. It would pretty much be better if the Eagles lost and Foles played horrible. Wherever his NFL career takes Carson I would guess that NDSU fans will be the only ones that truly have his back all the way no matter the outcome. This is largely why I said I could care less about the Eagles if Carson isn't playing. I'm a Carson Wentz fan not an Eagles fan.
    Idk, if Foles plays well in the Super Bowl (even if in a losing effort) I think the Eagles have some trade equity with him given how many QB starved teams there are in the NFL right now. He's under contract through next year for only $4M I believe so a team could float a midround pick at the Eagles possibly to bring him in to compete for the starting job or be a veteran placeholder for a team that drafts a rookie QB high.

If Foles plays well in the Super Bowl I'm sure Howie will trade him for a pick or 2. He's a good backup but I don't think he is durable enough to be full time starter anymore. He missed practically all fall camp with an elbow issue. If you can get a pick or 2 you definitely trade him. They appear to be high on Sudfield since they added him to the roster while Carson was still playing. He will be the future backup.

The Eagles are in similar situation to Patriots, keep adding young QB's, groom them for a year or 2 and trade them to needy teams.